Connor McGregor to headline an Ireland card @o2

If Connor wins impressively in two weeks. Has he got the power and fan base to headline his own card in Ireland at the O2 Dublin against a top 3/4/5 145lb fighter and the winner to face Jose! Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

He could but I don't know if the UFC want to come back to such a small venue for them. UFC 93 sold out real quick and was a sweet event but I think heard that the capacity of the venue doesn't make them enough relative money.

I could be misremembering so open to correction here.

It might still be a little early in his career to be headlining an event.

Beat Holloway this weekend, beat a borderline top 10 like Siver or Koch and then maybe headline a free FX event in Ireland against someone like TKZ, Cub, Edgar etc.

Doesn't the vast majority of a card's revenue come from PPV sales or tv rights?

An extra 4k seats wouldn't really be an impactful hit to the card's P and L, especially since half the tickets are comped/free Phone Post 3.0

GROUNDnLB - Doesn't the vast majority of a card's revenue come from PPV sales or tv rights?

An extra 4k seats wouldn't really be an impactful hit to the card's P and L, especially since half the tickets are comped/free Phone Post 3.0

The card is also at GMT rather than US time. I seem to remember hearing those comments about the venue from Dana or Lorenzo but if someone says I'm full of shit then fair enough.

Big Pookie - It might still be a little early in his career to be headlining an event.

Beat Holloway this weekend, beat a borderline top 10 like Siver or Koch and then maybe headline a free FX event in Ireland against someone like TKZ, Cub, Edgar etc.

This. Phone Post 3.0

Don't get ahead of things. McGregor is talented but he hasn't even established his place in the UFC FW division yet. A win over Holloway, who is a mid tier fighter with 3-2 UFC record and coming off a loss, wouldn't lift McGregor that much on the FW div ranking.

Skeletor68 -

He could but I don't know if the UFC want to come back to such a small venue for them. UFC 93 sold out real quick and was a sweet event but I think heard that the capacity of the venue doesn't make them enough relative money.

I could be misremembering so open to correction here.

Is the O2 an Ireland that much different than 02 Manchester? Phone Post 3.0

NorthFromHere - Don't get ahead of things. McGregor is talented but he hasn't even established his place in the UFC FW division yet. A win over Holloway, who is a mid tier fighter with 3-2 UFC record and coming off a loss, wouldn't lift McGregor that much on the FW div ranking.

I think beating Halloway sends a message for sure. He should be 4-1, he got robbed against Dennis Bermudez,
Mccgregor is legit, cant wait to see him fight live. Phone Post

Give him some time, don't rush him through to anything Phone Post 3.0

The O2 in Dublin only has 9,500 seated but that sold out really really quick for UFC 93. Dana even said that Dublin was P4P the loudest crowd he has ever heard. I don't see why they wouldn't return there. Just let Conor come on a bit more fight wise on the UFC and it could be there next March. Hopefully Gary Cook can get on it. Phone Post 3.0

If you are meaning will he headline a Dublin card next fight if he wins against Holloway? Absolutely no chance and if he did it would be one of the weakest Main Events of recent years. I liked his fights out of UFC and he was impressive against Marcus but come on he hasn't even had two fights in the organization yet.

Not only will he not headline a card but pretty much NO CHANCE that he gets a top 2/3/4 opponent. Have you actually thought of who is number 2/3/4 in the FW rankings?

Hopefully he gets brought along slowly as he is exciting and young. I fear the success has went to his head already and he has a long way to go to earn a shot at the Champ let alone have a decent shot at beating him.