Conor answers RDA

Dump the stupid Dustin rematch and book this one.

MorgzĀ -Ā 
Lights Out Lurker -

Conor wins via embarrassing ko in the first. RDA is not on the same level as Conor.

Regarding striking, this is correct.Ā  But like many of Conor's fights, he need to count on this happening.Ā  If RDA get's him to the ground, then RDA is on another level, wrestling and BJJ for MMA.Ā 

I think Conor is elusive enough and quick enough to get damage in quickly, setting up a KO strike before being taken down.

The part of this post I disagree with the most is using the word embarassing.Ā  Nothing at all embarassing about being KO'd by Conor.Ā  He's one of the best strikers in that division.

100%.

Similarly, if RDA grinds out Conor, beats him up on the ground, etc., there is nothing embarrassing about that. RDA is an all-time great LW.

1 Like

I seriously doubt Conor will ever find time for this fight unless RDA is theĀ  champ again

1 Like
wiggum -
Malvert the JanitorĀ -Ā 
Lights Out Lurker -

Conor wins via embarrassing ko in the first. RDA is not on the same level as Conor.

This. The delusion is strong in many...

If only they had common opponents. Then, we could see how delusional these idiots really are!

Oh, wait. They do have common opponents.

-Both got mauled by Khabib, but RDA faced much less damage.

-Both fought Nate Diaz. RDA beat the shit out of him. Conor was finished once and then won a close war.

-Both fought Eddie Alvarez. Conor destroyed Eddie. RDA got hurt early and was finished by him.

-Both beat the shit out of Cowboy.

The idea that Conor is an easy money pick is silly. He might win. But, I canā€™t see why anyone would project such confidence on what is ultimately a tough fight to pick.

I think RDA/Conor is a great matchup and a very competitive one. Iā€™ve wanted to see this fight since before he won the FW belt. I do think Conor will have a speed advantage, and will be harder to take down than Felder. If RDA pressures early and takes space away from Conor, he can make it an ugly fight. If he stands back and allows Conor to get his timing, it could be a short night for RDA.Ā 

Morgz -
Lights Out Lurker -

Regarding striking, this is correct.Ā  But like many of Conor's fights, he need to count on this happening.Ā  If RDA get's him to the ground, then RDA is on another level, wrestling and BJJ for MMA.Ā 

I think Conor is elusive enough and quick enough to get damage in quickly, setting up a KO strike before being taken down.

The part of this post I disagree with the most is using the word embarassing.Ā  Nothing at all embarassing about being KO'd by Conor.Ā  He's one of the best strikers in that division.

100 percentĀ 

And Conor is THE best striker at 155. I donā€™t think anyone else is even remotely close (even RDA, and Iā€™m a huge fan of his).Ā 

Malvert the JanitorĀ -Ā 
Tim Duncan -

Bad fight for Conor, Ā I think he gets mauled on the ground

Wow...

You mean the guy that just fought Paul Felder to a split decision? Why didnā€™t he just maul Paul on the ground?Ā 

You mean because of the very sketchy judge Chris Lee who is in the bookies pocket with 6 other massively suspect SD scorecards where he was the only dissenting judge, in just this year alone?

Strong argumentā€¦

Lights Out Lurker -
Morgz -
Lights Out Lurker -

Ask Cerrone or Aldo if they were embarrassed by getting flatlined by Conor in a matter of seconds.Ā 

Also, there's very little chance that RDA gets Conor to the ground. And if he does he would get up even easier than Felder did. Did you not see how much trouble Khabib had with getting Conor to the ground and keeping him there. And when he had him on the ground he did absolutely zero damage. RDA is not in the same world as Conor in MMA.

Why would I ask them that?

I see little point in discussing this with you as your mind seems pretty made up. I didnā€™t see Khabib have struggles keeping Conor down. I saw Khabib beat him up dominantly both standing and gnp. Ā I get it that you disagree and you seem to think Conor is one of the greatest ever at all areas of MMA. Most people that understand wrestling and grappling in general know this is Conorā€™s weak spot.Ā 

MorgzĀ -Ā 
Lights Out Lurker -
Morgz -
Lights Out Lurker -

Ask Cerrone or Aldo if they were embarrassed by getting flatlined by Conor in a matter of seconds.Ā 

Also, there's very little chance that RDA gets Conor to the ground. And if he does he would get up even easier than Felder did. Did you not see how much trouble Khabib had with getting Conor to the ground and keeping him there. And when he had him on the ground he did absolutely zero damage. RDA is not in the same world as Conor in MMA.

Why would I ask them that?

I see little point in discussing this with you as your mind seems pretty made up. I didnā€™t see Khabib have struggles keeping Conor down. I saw Khabib beat him up dominantly both standing and gnp. Ā I get it that you disagree and you seem to think Conor is one of the greatest ever at all areas of MMA. Most people that understand wrestling and grappling in general know this is Conorā€™s weak spot.Ā 

Yeah. Khabib . . . didnā€™t have trouble keeping Conor down? What a weird post. I think Conorā€™s grappling is underrated. But, Khabib did not struggle holding Conor down. I donā€™t think there is any evidence that Conor is better at getting back to his feet than Felder is.

Meanwhile, RDA made Neil Magny look like a white belt.

RDAā€™s sloppiness will be a deciding factor I think. Yes, he can control Conor on the ground, and probably finish him on the ground with time, but I feel Conor will land often and hard on him.

Less interested in this fight than many of the others.

Justin/Conor

Tony/Conor

are both better fights imo.