Conor McGregor breaks record at sports science lab

Fastest side step ever recorded. Phone Post 3.0

Where's is this place Ireland ?? Don't think they've much of a sample size with claiming these results Phone Post 3.0

Jake Shields doing bench press speed work with 95lbs against purple bands was a record for him.

Thacommish - is it just me or is sports science strikingly similar to deadliest warrior science
Precisely. Phone Post 3.0

Brian Rule - Conor McGregor Goes On Sports Science. What Happens Next Will Amaze You
Wow that's pretty amazing! Phone Post 3.0

Brockback Mountain - Sports science seems like BS Bro Science and hype masked as real science for stupid people.

I'm the sports scientist from the show. Nothing BS about it. Sorry, bud.

SitcksAndStones - 

I believe a 205 Machida kicks and punches faster than Connor

And come on...strongest hip torque?

I'm sure there are plenty of fighters in the UFC right now who would break his "record"...if only they were tested too.

I guess it is kind of cool that Connor can kick faster than some football players and cyclists.

We've tested dozens of professional athletes in our lab. 

Angular velocity of his hip movement during his spinning back kick was 100% legit. 

Keep in mind, he had as man reps as he wanted, we took his absolute best, and for sure somebody could break that if given the chance. Perhaps. Never said it couldn't be beaten. 

Only record he beat was stabilometer (I think). Nothing else was claimed to be any kind of record. ;)

UGCTT_EnderTL - 
Brockback Mountain - Sports science seems like BS Bro Science and hype masked as real science for stupid people.

It's a TV show. You definitely have to take a lot of it with a grain assault.

;)

Yup

David M - Yeah this show has ZERO scientific credibility since in every test is a different set on controls, but it's still fun to use to talk shit.

It's for sure not scientific RESEARCH (but don't worry, that's coming soon ;)), but it's for sure 100% CREDIBLE scientists, laboratory, and a scientific approach to TV. No more, no less. 

Cheers!

OblongBox - 

Conner McGregor has a .3 second jab? Pfft..Frank Dux not only threw a .12 second punch, he knocked a guy out with it.

Bring him in!

D241 - 

a link for foreigners

http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=3691298524001&videotitle=MMA%20Sports%20Science%20with%20Conor%20McGregor&videoimage=2503979514001%2F201407%2F3878%2F2503979514001_3691297868001_still-adecd962-27e4-4026-a51a-da4f09480c26.jpg

Thanks!

BrianStannFan - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

It's a TV show. You definitely have to take a lot of it with a grain assault.

;)

The show fails to mention the baseline elite athletes were pulled from golf and bowling.

Sorry bud, we compared to the other elite and ammy boxers, MMA, kickboxers, and others we've had in my lab....

. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - They should test Aldo or Mendes. I guarantee they would beat his numbers anywhere. Conor looks like he's moving underwater, compared to either of them. Phone Post 3.0

Would love to. Those guys are beasts!

David M - http://balls.ie/main-story/conor-mcgregor-broke-records-sports-science-documentary-last-night/

Broke the lab's record for punch speed, kick speed, balance, and hip torque. The Doctor on hand said, "All we test in our lab is elite level athletes. So what we found out today is not that Conor is elite. He’s elite compared to the elites.

He has exceptional balance. He’s got amazing movement, he generates movement in the exact right places. He’s incredibly fast and very powerful.

We don’t see all that in one package ever."

They hype is unreal.

Someone needs to watch Rocky IV

Calavaro -

Didn't you hear? He can also dodge bullets, bend spacetime and fly!

Lol Phone Post 3.0

DrAndyGalpin -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - They should test Aldo or Mendes. I guarantee they would beat his numbers anywhere. Conor looks like he's moving underwater, compared to either of them. Phone Post 3.0

Would love to. Those guys are beasts!

Nah hes just smoother and it looks relaxed but the speed is still there. He understands striking very very well. Hes really smooth and accurate in his striking. Absolutely clinical. Phone Post 3.0

I'd imagine Aldo would beat McGregor in every single one of those tests. Phone Post 3.0

DrAndyGalpin -
SitcksAndStones - 

I believe a 205 Machida kicks and punches faster than Connor

And come on...strongest hip torque?

I'm sure there are plenty of fighters in the UFC right now who would break his "record"...if only they were tested too.

I guess it is kind of cool that Connor can kick faster than some football players and cyclists.

We've tested dozens of professional athletes in our lab. 

Angular velocity of his hip movement during his spinning back kick was 100% legit. 

Keep in mind, he had as man reps as he wanted, we took his absolute best, and for sure somebody could break that if given the chance. Perhaps. Never said it couldn't be beaten. 

Only record he beat was stabilometer (I think). Nothing else was claimed to be any kind of record. ;)

Where are your quantitative results?
To say he has the fastest angular velocity is like saying my mum is better than your mum.

How many rad/s was it?

Do you perform the identical test against all of your samples? Phone Post 3.0

Ok u reckon 800 degrees per second.
Over what distance.
I can twitch at 800 degrees per second.
This is such bullshit science. Phone Post 3.0