Conor ruined the ufc with this champ-champ bullshit

Ilia Topuria wins the FW belt and immediately calls out McTapper who is never making FW again and maybe not even LW

Sean is gifted the belt after losing all 3 rounds to Yan and then gifted an easy title defense against a fighter on a 1 fight win streak and then immediately calls out a man in a different weight class

Topuria should be fighting Max. Sean should be fighting Merab. He’s clearly terrified of Merab though and I don’t blame him

But yeah I blame McTapper for this bullshit era we’re in now

3 Likes

Volk & Izzy earned the right to challenge the belt above them

1 Like

I blame UFC leadership for this situation. They let him do it.

4 Likes

Always remember that while. Aldo earned the right to fight Pettis for the LW belt, they didn’t let him keep his FW belt. So Aldo opted not to do it.

4 Likes

I highly doubt that the UFC makes the O’Malley vs Topuria matchup any time soon. Topuria could absolutely ruin O’Malley via brutal KO

Topuria has already said Sean needs to fight his fellow Georgian first. Thank god.

3 Likes

O’Malley wants Topuira. Topuira wants Islam. Islam wants Leon. It seems all of them want to EAT!

Let them feed!

Let them defend.

3 Likes

Agreed, Id say there were only a few in previous years that would have “qualified”

Imho, Anderson, GSP, Aldo, Jones and DJ

Arguements maybe for Hughes or Penn

1 Like

THIS!

Yeah you need to have or be close to cleaning out your division. But these are bigger fights so expect them. I can stomach and even enjoy some but this whole win a title and go up without a defense or after 1 defense sucks.

1 Like