Conor v. Dustin 3 rewatch: It wasn't close

I disagree…Conor was losing decisively after the first 90 seconds of the fight

3 Likes

Conor looked good imo. Not sure what everyone is on about. All his fights are competitive, he didn’t win this one but he looked fresh before the injury who knows what would have happened in the 2nd without the injury

2 Likes

I think that was the point he injured his foot. I might be wrong. He fully broke it at the end but I think that it fractured earlier and he was still able to put weight on it.

I might be wrong, though.

He still lost. Broken foot and all.

1 Like

Ah…I read your initial post wrong my friend.

1 Like

I think the 10-8 scorecards came from the fact that as the round ended it looked like it was about to be stopped and Connor was saved by the bell. Of course, we now know the leg injury was a factor but the optics suggested Connor was on his way out.

Also, this doctor does great breakdowns of mma injuries and he emphasizes something I didn’t see covered: the break started as he threw the punch, not as he put his foot down after it. He said this is very odd unless there was some significant trauma earlier in the fight.
https://youtu.be/LLfbuTZTynw

3 Likes

Just becuase the judges are dumb doesn’t mean they are right. That was no 10-8. Connor did too much work. A 10-8 means you got dropped or had almost no offense. He landed plenty of kicks and punches lol

It doesn’t mean that. Read the new criteria.

2 Likes

The 10-8 round is fine… but it’s because of the last 10 seconds after the injury. That fight was almost stopped. I’m not a fighter groupie so this isn’t in support of either guy, but I think it needs to be brought up in the argument and why people are going back and forth. The round didn’t end immediately after the injury. So for Dustin fans… Yes, 10-8. And for Conor fans… Yes he wasn’t dominated in 10-8 fashion before the injury, imo. I think some people are completely forgetting the end of the round.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A lot of different ways to say he got his ass kicked.

The leg break might’ve been the out he needed….except it’s likely to lead to more head trauma.

Looked to me like Conor was wilting before the leg injury started.

1 Like

take a minute to think about why they might say this …

I’ll give you a hint: $$$$$$$$$

Yeah I think Dustin nailed it in the interview when he said what probably started the injury and Kavanaugh definitely nailed it on what ended it (the elbow).

great breakdown, thank you.

I haven’t heard this song since I was like 13 lol

Better his leg broken than his head. That’s where it was headed.

1 Like