Copa Florida Review + Results

This Saturday was the Copa Florida Grappling tournament in Lakeland Florida. A lot of teams were represented including Marcio Simas, De La Riva, FFA, TFA, High Performance Martial Arts and more.I have been to a few tournaments organized by Ross Kellin and I must say this was the best. The tournament was run very smooth and quickly. Heck I don't even remember there being any complaining over ref'ing the whole time.The absolute pro devision was stacked with talent. I think everyone showed up thinking they would have an easy walk to the money but we were all surprised at the great amount of talent that showed up. Some names in the absolute included:Mikey Gomez
Marcus Santos
Batata
Danny Ruiz
Vinny Sommera(sp?)
Charles McCarthy
There were also a few other real good guys.I wound up winning the absolute with some very tough matches.I faced Marcus Santos in the finals. The guy is a warrior and had the longest road to the finals having to fight 1 extra match to even up the lopsided brackets.As for the rest of the tournament FFA/TFA did real well. Ricardo Texeira led the charge and coached FFA to a very well respected finish.Congrats to all our guys and congrats to Ross Kellin for running an excellent tournament.

Congrats on your win, Charles! Way to go!

mmafan: I did (charles mccarthy). I faught Batata in the first round and won via armbar in a very tough match. I beat danny ruiz in the second round via ankle lock and beat Marcus Santos in the third round by decision. When the match finished I was in back mount with hooks working the choke. The absolute was stacked and anyone was capable of winning it!

Congrats Charles

Way to go Dawg!!!

Congrats!!!

Cam

cam: i tried calling you but I get a busy signal and your not on aim :(.

Thanks guys... I mostly made this thread to congradulate Ross Kellin on throwing a great tournament :).

well thanks again :).

Congrats Charles!!

congrats to you man I heard you did great! I heard you had a hell of a triangle!

Thanks Charles! You did an excellent job and it was a pleasure to watch you fight good luck in the future and I will be in touch with you soon for some super fight info!
Thanks again to the Champ Charles Mcarthy!!!

Ross Kellin

congrats on the win charles... fun tournament with everyone showing great sportsmanship.. ttt

Charles' last match with Santos was a clubbing match at first. But C-mac pulled through in great fashion. He gets better and better every time he steps on the mat.

I have the bruises and scratches to proove it :). we butted heads a bunch also.

FRODDO : 2ND PLACE NO GI INT. , 3RD PLACE GI  BLUE BELT

TJ: 2ND PLACE NO GI INT. 2ND PLACE BLUE BELT GI

SERGEI:2ND PLACE GI WHITE BELT

DIETER : 3RD PLACE PURPLE BELT GI AND 2ND PLACE NO GI ADVANCE 

CHARLES MACCARTHY: WIN THE PRO DIVISION

$ 500.00

RYAN:3RD PLACE KIDS DIVISION NO GI

BLAKE: 1ST PLACE GI BEG. AND 3RD NO GI KIDS

DAVE : 2ND GI WHITE BELT AND 2ND NO GI BEG.

CRAIG BILLOTA: 3RD PLACE NO GI INT.

AZNCOWBOY: 1ST PLACE GI WHITE BELT

JAKE TAMPA: 1ST PLACE GI WHITE BELT

JIM  FT. LAUD. :3RD PLACE BLUE BELT

this is our guys results...

ROSS AND HIS PARTNER DID A VERY WELL ORGANIZE TOURNAMENT.

WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOUR EVENTS.

RICARDO TEIXEIRA AND FFA FAMILY

coffee lol I cant tell if your being kind or expertly trolling me :) Damn my UG Paranoia!

well thanks for the kind words :).

good job dogg!!

thanx willie!