Cormier Fires Back Against Accusations of Bias in UFC Commentary Booth

“How could I be biased to Islam? What could I have possibly said positive about Dan Hooker in that fight? There is no bias whenever a fight is clearly on one side. That’s where it becomes a bit much for me and that’s when you start to understand and realize why the people from the outside, their opinions don’t matter as much because they make those types of claims,” Cormier said (h/t MMAFighting.com).

“I don’t mind addressing this whole bias thing. I think it’s absurd. I don’t agree at all. I think it’s absurd and if you ask me if I am biased towards Islam Makhachev or Khabib Nurmagomedov – guys, I have called Khabib’s fights, Luke Rockhold, Deron Winn, Islam Makhachev, I’ve called all of their fights and I feel like I have done their opponents justice. I go out of my way to make sure that we do their opponents justice. I’m a professional and for as much as I love my teammates, I understand the difference to separate myself from that. Look man, if you’re not getting critiqued then you’re not doing a great job.”

When you say, I don’t need to see what happens this weekend.

Islam beat a guy who lost 2/3… Hardly deserving of a title shot considering that’s his top win.

3 Likes

It’s Claps Back

Just realized we have two cats and one dog as avatars for the first posts.

2 Likes

Hot TF did you get the little badge off your avatar?

??? Badge? No idea watchu talking about Willis

Couple of pussy’s and a bitch lol jk jk

Cormier may be bias at times but it’s unavoidable with the position he’s in. Rogan says far more over the top things but because he’s not “coach” it’s just seen as over the top shit. It’s a tough position to be in being a former fighter, friend, fan and coach of fighters competing. I’d just say ignore the noise and try and be as neutral as he can be to remain respectable. He goes over the top for fighters that he doesn’t train with as well like Rose. I think people are just reading into it too much knowing their behind the scenes relationship.

He’s biased towards wrestling. But doesn’t bug me at all. Mostly I agree with him. But it seems like even when the bearjew is fighting the play by play guys are like “he has to work his way up to his feet.”
Often they don’t seem to grasp that Ryan hall shouldnt use the same strategy as conor or khabib

Woof

Now let’s hear him address why he shrieks like a housewife about stopping the fight anytime the fighters, you know, actually fight.