Cormier: Mir next, then I want Jones

SoccerkickrevivaL -
Got MMAlk - If Cormier fights Jones before Gus there is a serious problem with the sport. It's already a shame that Sonnen is getting the fight, but I can understand that. Phone Post

Gus will wreck Johnny. They know this. That belt was a hot potato before Bones grabbed it.

Stabilizing the division and having known names has taken over. Just ask my girlfriend who the champ is (LHW) she knows dick about the sport and she can name Mr. Bones. Phone Post

Did you not watch Gus vs Davis? It will be worse against Jones because hes bigger, faster with alot better wrestling and subs. Phone Post

SoccerkickrevivaL - 
Got MMAlk - If Cormier fights Jones before Gus there is a serious problem with the sport. It's already a shame that Sonnen is getting the fight, but I can understand that. Phone Post

Gus will wreck Johnny. They know this. That belt was a hot potato before Bones grabbed it.

Stabilizing the division and having known names has taken over. Just ask my girlfriend who the champ is (LHW) she knows dick about the sport and she can name Mr. Bones. Phone Post

Gus will be submitted within 2 rounds when he fights Jones.

Mir can be very Dangerous. I'm a big fan of Cormier but after watching his grappling last night I think Mir could be a lot better in that department. Daniel's striking is good, and his wrestling is excellent but when he grapples he stalls a lot and leaves a lot of openings to trasistion out or to even get reversed, and if Mir were to ever get on top then things could easily go bad for him. 

Honestly the fight I would most want to see is Mir vs Barnett. 

I think Cormier could be a lot of trouble for J Jones. 

I also don't think Gus would beat Jones. His striking is very predictable (mostly straight punches down the middle aimed at the head and kicks that usually go on the low outside or to the head) and he only does so well because of his reach something that wouldn't be as much as an advantage over JJ. And everywhere else, in the clinch, wrestling, and on the ground JJ would dominate him. -- 

I Love me some DC.  He's a great guy and he's talented as hell.

I wouldn't count him out against anyone, and I would Love to see him fight Jones.

FreakDaddy - Frank Mir is not going to be as easy of a fight as he thinks. Don't look past Mir, as you could get a broken bone or two.......Or three......

Def agree. I really can't see DC taking anything more than a UD if even winning. DC's standup doesn't pose any threat Mir hasn't seen and couldn't defend against (ie, Big Country has arguably better stand up) and its a toss up on the ground, where I give the advantage to Mir simply on expierience.

The Mir fight would've been more intriguing a couple of years ago. In 2013, Cormier keeps on the feet and finishes Mir with strikes. Mir has little to no chance of taking Cornier down. Phone Post

" Big Country has arguably better stand up"

BC has arguably more one-shot power, but I can't think of an argument for saying he has "better stand up" at all.

Jones will do a Bentley on Cormier Phone Post

Cormier isn't beating Jones, even on his best day.

He needs to stay at HW.

I'd much rather see Mir vs Barnett and Cormier in a LHW fight.

^Above is Jon Jones shortly after getting hit in the head by Cormier

I think the matchup with Mir is a very good one. I wouldn't dismiss Mir at all! That said, if DC wins, the way he wins will definitely define him.

I don't think Daniel wins a standing battle with Bones......He will need to GNP Jones to beat him IMO.......

FreakDaddy - I don't think Daniel wins a standing battle with Bones......He will need to GNP Jones to beat him IMO.......

I don't know how it'd go, but I feel like a smaller, bulkier man with a lot of power and explosiveness has a good shot of getting inside and landing a big shot and takedowns, especially when that person's wrestling is of a much higher pedigree. Hopefully this fight happens. Seems like an interesting matchup for sure.

Nothing2 - "I think it's an excellent test for him. I think, you know, always be careful what you wish for. I think that his wrestling will definitely be tested in our fight. My submissions have the ability to definitely change outcomes of fights pretty quickly."

Uh huh. When was the last time Mir submitted anyone?

Is this a fucking joke? Who has the gif of Mir breaking Nog's arm?

yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

Wow, now hold TF on there cowboy LOL. No sooooo fast bro, no way to know that

sadisticsoldier -
Nothing2 - "I think it's an excellent test for him. I think, you know, always be careful what you wish for. I think that his wrestling will definitely be tested in our fight. My submissions have the ability to definitely change outcomes of fights pretty quickly."

You sir just bit on a troll or half tard. Either way shame on you. Phone Post

vaginal tear - 
sadisticsoldier -

You sir just bit on a troll or half tard. Either way shame on you. Phone Post

He went full retard for that one. I mean, to make a statement like that you'd have to imagine yourself somewhere in the loop, but considering just one fight ago Mir snapped the arm of a man never before submitted in MMA...

Yeah, shouldn't have bothered responding. Apple looked too delicious not to pick though.

Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

Here's something we do know: Jones is getting bigger and better everyday. 

Unless Jones loses the ability to move one of his limbs, I don't see Cormier beating him. His best shot is landing a huge punch, and Jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen.

yellow wrkahlc - 
Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

Here's something we do know: Jones is getting bigger and better everyday. 

Unless Jones loses the ability to move one of his limbs, I don't see Cormier beating him. His best shot is landing a huge punch, and Jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen.

You think Cormier is gonna try to knock him out from a distance? I'd imagine his first goal would be to get in close where those long limbs aren't as effective and where Cormier can actually reach for punches and takedowns. His wrestling is of a much higher caliber and he is training daily with the best wrestler in the UFC HW division daily. If Cormier comes in healthy, I think he has an advantage in a fight with Jones. Maybe you don't agree with that, but it is very obvious Cormier has a power and wrestling advantage. It is all about whether he can implement it.