Cormier: Mir next, then I want Jones

sadisticsoldier - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Cormier isn't beating Jones, even on his best day.

He needs to stay at HW.

Wow, now hold TF on there cowboy LOL. No sooooo fast bro, no way to know that

Here's something we do know: Jones is getting bigger and better everyday. 

Unless Jones loses the ability to move one of his limbs, I don't see Cormier beating him. His best shot is landing a huge punch, and Jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen.

You think Cormier is gonna try to knock him out from a distance? I'd imagine his first goal would be to get in close where those long limbs aren't as effective and where Cormier can actually reach for punches and takedowns. His wrestling is of a much higher caliber and he is training daily with the best wrestler in the UFC HW division daily. If Cormier comes in healthy, I think he has an advantage in a fight with Jones. Maybe you don't agree with that, but it is very obvious Cormier has a power and wrestling advantage. It is all about whether he can implement it.

"His best shot is landing a huge punch, and jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen."

^When I said that, I had distance in mind. Jones can keep the distance, making sure Cormier never gets in to hit that shot.

I can agree that Cormier has the wrestling advantage, but when it comes to power, I can't. Jones is the bigger guy, and his height gives him much more leverage, adding to his power output.  They'll be pretty even there. I see Cormier taking him down, but Jones always finding a way to scramble and get right back up, picking Daniel apart on the feet from the outside.

yellow wrkahlc - 
Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

Unless Jones loses the ability to move one of his limbs, I don't see Cormier beating him. His best shot is landing a huge punch, and Jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen.

Do you understand DC's wrestling credentials? Do you know he trains Cain in wrestling? He does not have to K JBJ TFO.

Now no one can say he's going to be effective or at least effective enough for JBJ at 205 (MMA). Certainly he needs logically a big fight at 205 first (before at title shot).

But this is the MMAE (UFC), home to Sonnen VS JBJ so that matters not.

Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

<br />
        <br />
        Wow, now hold TF on there cowboy LOL. No sooooo fast bro, no way to know that</blockquote>
    <br />
    <p>
        Here's something we do know: Jones is getting bigger and better everyday.&nbsp;</p>
    <p>
        Unless Jones loses the ability to move one of his limbs, I don't see Cormier beating him. His best shot is landing a huge punch, and Jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen.</p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Do you understand DC's wrestling credentials? Do you know he trains Cain in wrestling? He does not have to K JBJ TFO.<br />
<br />
Now no one can say he's going to be effective or at least effective enough for JBJ at 205 (MMA). Certainly he needs logically a big fight at 205 first (before at title shot).<br />
<br />
But this is the MMAE (UFC), home to Sonnen VS JBJ so that matters not.</blockquote>

Do I understand his wrestling credentials? Of course I do. Does it translate to MMA better than Jon Jones' does? I can't say it does. The only fight that Cormier showcased it against a consistent, top HW fighter was the Barnett fight. Even then, Jon's grappling looks to be a bit better. For the fight's sake, I'll go ahead and say Cormier has the wrestling advantage.

You guys say he has a shot against Jones, and the fact of the matter is, every man who steps in the cage with Jones has a chance. But I just don't see Cormier ever beating Jones. The longer we have to wait to see the fight, the slimmer Cormier's chances are of defeating him.

Jones is only getting better.

yellow wrkahlc - 
sadisticsoldier - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Lazer MMA - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

He needs to stay at HW.

You think Cormier is gonna try to knock him out from a distance? I'd imagine his first goal would be to get in close where those long limbs aren't as effective and where Cormier can actually reach for punches and takedowns. His wrestling is of a much higher caliber and he is training daily with the best wrestler in the UFC HW division daily. If Cormier comes in healthy, I think he has an advantage in a fight with Jones. Maybe you don't agree with that, but it is very obvious Cormier has a power and wrestling advantage. It is all about whether he can implement it.

"His best shot is landing a huge punch, and jones has the reach to make sure that doesn't happen."

^When I said that, I had distance in mind. Jones can keep the distance, making sure Cormier never gets in to hit that shot.

I can agree that Cormier has the wrestling advantage, but when it comes to power, I can't. Jones is the bigger guy, and his height gives him much more leverage, adding to his power output.  They'll be pretty even there. I see Cormier taking him down, but Jones always finding a way to scramble and get right back up, picking Daniel apart on the feet from the outside.

Jones is only "bigger" in height and reach. If you think height and reach means more power, you are nuts. In fact it is typically the opposite. In this case it is the opposite. All you have to do is watch their fights and it is obvious Cormier is the more powerful grappler and striker.