Cormier vs Jones was a beautiful rivalry

Heartbreaking

Great read OP, Jon Jones heal persona was made from this rivalry.

I agree, the bets rivalvry the UFC has ever seen.

The second would be Conor-Khabib, but we only got 1 fight

1 Like

Jones showed what kind of mental midget DC was. It was hilarious, and complete ownage by Jones. Jones exposed DC.

1 Like

Strikeforce Grand Prix Champion
Ufc Hwt Champion
Ufc Lt Hwt Champion
Olympic Medalist.
Ufc commentator

He lost the fights to Jon, but to call my hero a mental midget it a contrived farce.
You bite your tongue young man.
Show some respect to your Olympians.
Respectfully

I hate how the ufc tried to scrub Khabib jumping the cage out of the history book.
One of fhe most gangster things ive ever seen.
Taps Conor after 5 heard fought rounds, then still wants more so hops the cage to slap Danis.
Fuck Danis.
Long live Khabib

2 Likes

ā€œI beat you after a weekend of cocaine.ā€

1 Like

Jones is 3-0 against him just like Peira is against Stylebender. You canā€™t forget the stage fight

No, its actually DC who exposed Jones. Jones beat DC in the cage but DC exposed Jones in life. And in their own way, they hurt each other where they are vulnerable.

Regarding Jones, you hear it in his interviews afterwards. He wanted to be the good guy, the all american star. DC exposed him as a scumbag and Jones is bothered by that. He repeatedly mentioned DC beating him down about his character and his flaws. He talks about being undefeated in the cage but no in life. Jones has gone to almost playing the victim which he has never done before.

4 Likes

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

I could never bring myself to like him either. Thereā€™s just an underlying narcissism that gets my goat. At least Jones is upfront about it.

Neither one of them can take the slightest bit of criticism from their fellow fighters on social media, thatā€™s for sure. They WILL reply!

I agree. The anticipation I felt for both of those fights was unlike anything else. The two absolute best of that era and they fucking hated each other

1 Like

Now Im not gay, but, if Im being frank, when DC would run to the cage with his sweatshirt tucked into his sweatpants, which he pulled all the way up to his bellybutton, I would get a little aroused.
There. I said it.
DONT JUDGE ME BROS

1 Like

I agree.

I donā€™t think Jones exposed DC of anything besides having an ego that can be easily bruised, which isnā€™t surprising considering itā€™s very common amongst fighters, especially an athlete that competed at the level he did.

I think if anything DC felt because Jones was a piece of shit who didnā€™t deserve to be where he was, but thatā€™s not necessarily how life works. That specific attitude carried over into the fights and affected his performance.

DC may have an ego and be an asshole sometimes, but who wouldnā€™t? Especially under the bright lights. DC seems like a genuinely good dude. He has done a lot for the sport and has a passion for helping others. Being a dick doesnā€™t equate to being a bad person. Jones disguised his faggotry for years, until DC exposed him, and he is probably still faking it now with all the ā€œI thank god to be hereā€ talk during the Gane fight.

1 Like

This. DC talks a lot of shit, and instigstes drama at times, but you can tell hes a nice guy. And hes given a lot back to the wrestling community as well.
Not to mention fighter always show him love.
He was a short pudgy giant slayer.
The man is a goddamn Saint.

1 Like

Jonā€™s legal troubles, and drug test troubles were, and have always been public knowledge. DC had nothing to do with exposing that. Actually quite the opposite. Itā€™s pathetic that thatā€™s all that DC had a Jon, stuff that we already knew. Thatā€™s high school level shit there.

In contrast, Jon showed us a fragile, whiny, bitch made side of DC that nobody ever knew existed before. Which is probably closer to the real DC than what we ever see on TV when the cameras are on and heā€™s in full character.

We didnt see how big of a shit head Jon was at first. Not until the "Hey pussy are you still there "video came out.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I loved that about DC

1 Like

great read op. and great thread. this rivalry was something different.

2 Likes