Cormier vs Jones was a beautiful rivalry

I saw the opposite. I see Jon as a fragile bitch made person. Who the fuck hits a pregnant woman and ignores her condition to get some coke, fires a gun in public, or physically assaults his girlfriend? A piece of shit, thatā€™s who.

DC is a flawed human being that shows us the nuances of the human condition. DC is upset when heā€™s insulted because he genuinely tries to be a good person and cares whether or not he succeeds in that, Jon doesnā€™t like being insulted because it hurts his public image. Iā€™d rather die saving DCā€™s life than be caught alive shaking Jonā€™s hand.

1 Like

Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market

1 Like

ā€œI may look like a crackhead in a suit, but Iā€™ve never BEEEEEEN a crackhead in a suitā€

Lets Go Fist Bump GIF by UFC

2 Likes

Dc Slam 192 Ufc192 GIF by UFC

2 Likes

Your second paragraph is true for sure.

I donā€™t agree that Jones is upfront about his sociopathy. He has always been fake as fuck, even to this day, over a decade after he was exposed as a poor example of a man. He still talks about being humble, grateful, etcā€¦. The only reason he came out as himself is because DC brought it out of him. DC never tried to be fake, he just got emotional.

Jon to this day still doesnā€™t have the ability to just be real. He has showed glimpses of it but always falls back into his ā€œgod has chosen meā€ and ā€œthese struggles make me strongerā€ attitude.

2 Likes

Again, DC didnā€™t expose any of that. So you seen the entire thing through rose tinted glasses, with preconceived notions. You already hated Jon before the fight.

Entering Daniel Cormier GIF by UFC

1 Like

These videos are proof that Jones hasnā€™t changed several years later. Heā€™s the exact same person here. Coincidentally, he even repeats some of the same phrases that he recycles every single time he fucks up and then comes back to fighting. He never admits that he fucking sucks as a person and changes his ways. On the other side of the spectrum, he never just says ā€œwell this is just who I amā€ and fully accepts the person he is. So he is right in the middle where he gets the sympathy of the people who think he is trying to change, while at the same time maintaining the ā€œbad guyā€ image that gets people to tune in so they can witness him lose.

2017:

2023:

Shouldnā€™t both fighters be competitive against eachother for it to be a rivalry? Cormier got the shit beat out of him everytimeā€¦

Youā€™re making assumptions. I didnā€™t hate him before the fight. In fact, for a long time, I was a Jones fan who thought he was just a guy struggling with his identity and was trying to change for the better. Iā€™m made a lot of mistakes in my life and believe you can always change, so I wasnā€™t quick to start hating him after he made a few mistakes.

The lead up to the first Cormier fight made me pay more attention, but didnā€™t necessarily convince me that Jones was a bad person. It was when he was stripped after beating OSP, then the lead up to the second Cormier fight, along with the aftermath. He was stripped, came back and gave his usual ā€œIā€™m getting my shit togetherā€ speech.

Then he started say a whole bunch of random shit about DC, just high school bully insults. It wasnā€™t just that, it was his response to DCā€™s insults. Then the way he talked about beating DC after a weekend of cocaine and hookers, and right after was stripped again.

Jones lost me as a fan. It wasnā€™t really Jones fucking up, thought after a while (after it kept happening) it was, it was more his response to people calling him out, and the lack of basic understanding in how his actions affected others. Zero changes, zero growth.

Own your shit. We all fuck up in life. Itā€™s one thing to put people in danger because youā€™re mentally ill and in a crisis, itā€™s another entirely to refuse to acknowledge your part in it and play the martyr. Not only does he fall into the latter category, but he has been for many years, and has tricked many people into thinking he is a good dude and God has chosen him.

People like Jon are the worst kind of scumbag. Hiding their true personalities behind smiles and funny comments. Behind the scenes manipulating people, using them, hurting them, then playing the victim card. Iā€™d have much more respect for him if he came out and just accepted who he is.

Not really. The first fight was competitive but Jones clearly won. DC was winning the first fight before the KO.

Clearly Jones had a steroid advantage in both fightsā€¦

1 Like

i wouldā€™ve loved to see them fight ten more times. and at heavyweight too.

2 Likes

He was winning before the KO

Lmao what, the scorecards were released, it was 20-18 Jones, Cormier won 1 round out of 8, and got knocked out

No rivalry here

1 Like

Thatā€™s your opinion.

Judges are retarded.

If there were no steroids involved, sure, there is no rivalry. But Jon wasnā€™t destroying him every moment they fought as you indicate which leads me to believe they are even more competitive if Jon was clean.

1 Like

Jon even admitted he would never move up to fight DC at heavyweight. Of course he wouldnā€™t, heā€™d rather fight dehydrated and drained DC.

1 Like

I always said it was the Ali/Frazier of our time.

1 Like

Yeah I think that was the tipping point. Jon was exposed to being a fake and a fraud as a human being. And to a lot of people thats worse than the drugs use and whatever. Jones went from being a flawed human being to a bad human being. Weā€™ve heard about it from people who know Jon personally but it took DC to bring that out for everyone to see.

1 Like