Corskscrew de la Riva Star Sweep

Learned in Rio, straight from Master de la Riva himself. This innovative sweep is very effective against a low opponent. Watch out for the upcoming video following this up too :) ~Support the Channel by Liking, Commenting, and Sharing the videos. :)

:) 

I like it.  If they muscle up hard to keep from initial corkscrew sweep I switch to immediate omoplata.

Mike Wazowski - 

I like it.  If they muscle up hard to keep from initial corkscrew sweep I switch to immediate omoplata.

yeh!

8 years ago a de la riva bb from Brazil out of Maine was showing me this.  

Super nice guy with strong bjj

Mike Wazowski - 

alexei?

nogidavid -
Mike Wazowski - 

alexei?

Yep.  Pickerel.

super nice. Really solid fundamental game that shut down a lot.  I use his sweep and his general principles from passing on top to this day.

he wasn’t so big on showing techniques but was dropping gems with respect to concepts and slight details.

Mike Wazowski - 
nogidavid -
Mike Wazowski - 

alexei?

Yep.  Pickerel.

super nice. Really solid fundamental game that shut down a lot.  I use his sweep and his general principles from passing on top to this day.

he wasn’t so big on showing techniques but was dropping gems with respect to concepts and slight details.

yeh really nice guy, i ran into him when he was visiting rio 4 or 5 years ago i think :D