Costa says he was hungover in fight vs Izzy

“Inebriated” Costa

sureshock -

Wow unreal.

He was definitely "off" that night. Totally a different fighter than the marauder who fought Romero. I believe him but it is still something that could have been managed. However fighters have a tough life. Shit happens. Injuries happen. Tough luck it wasn't his night.

I think it's more of a case of styl_e and the opponent than lack of preformance by Costa. He was facing a guy who has much better teknique and he couldn't walk through. Adesanya looks much more muscular than when he first started. He looks like he could be a factor at 205.

Also, I’m not believing the excuse.

I’m assuming both Champion and contender are urine tested before the fight.

I’m sure alcohol is a banned substance prior to a fight (not training camp but showing up drunk).

Bam57Bam -

How fucking hard is it for these Brazilians to keep their mouths shut.

![Gabi Garcia Rizin 14: Freakshow in full swing as MMA monster ambushed by 54 year old](upload://of4SpDugh5XcwSZYSauYyRo6QWU.jpeg)

I’ve seen drunks on YouTube throw far more punches than he did.

1 Like

This is the equivilent of forgetting your wife's birthday, and afterword going "You don't understand, I only forgot because I was busy fucking the babysitter."

3 Likes
touch -
BJ Penn Forever -
touch -

validity of the excuse aside, if you can't sleep and decide to take alcohol, you drink vodka period. Beer or wine would take hours to knock you out and you will probably feel worse the next day.

I think this post proves once and for all that touch is a real Russian and its not just some Datsik loving character he plays on the UG.

I'm not playing shit bro

He's not Russian. He's a fake anti muslim  COVID denying fuckhead

stupid or alcoholic or both

Wasnt this fight at middleweight? ??

He sounds more like a lightweight

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1366478036967645187

Back to the favela.

ufc98newb -

what an ass. he should be fired. 

+1

Jones parties all the time before fights. Costa is a lightweight!

BJ Penn Forever -
touch -

validity of the excuse aside, if you can't sleep and decide to take alcohol, you drink vodka period. Beer or wine would take hours to knock you out and you will probably feel worse the next day.

I think this post proves once and for all that touch is a real Russian and its not just some Datsik loving character he plays on the UG.

Yup

Sernie Banders -

If that's true he deserved to get his ass kicked. Anyone who is out late drinking the night before their first title shot is a moron.

Imagine not even reading the post and making a comment as if you are somehow including a good take while not even knowing what you're talking about. Some UGers are so stupid, it blows my mind.

1 Like
Kirik -

"Who is advising this guy" Nobody, that's the problem. 

hjr2 -
Kirik -

"Who is advising this guy" Nobody, that's the problem.

Well this is his manager...

![Pin on Fighting](upload://2O9pIxJMN3smJwY5D7Grn4NjXco.jpeg)

Paulo Ortiz.