Costa says he was hungover in fight vs Izzy

Floppy Divac -

If he didn't say it was wine I wouldn't believe him. Haha, but seriously. Fuck him.

This. Fuck him and anyone that believes this shit

validity of the excuse aside, if you can't sleep and decide to take alcohol, you drink vodka period. Beer or wine would take hours to knock you out and you will probably feel worse the next day.

1 Like

This almost sounds too ridiculous to be made up. Like if he were to try and come up with an excuse it should be something that not makes him look worse for sharing it? Whether it's true or not doesn't even matter though, either way he should not have shared that ridiculous story because it looks bad either way.

It doesn't change anything for the better, so he's a massive retard for coming out with this story or lie.

mmafan1975 -
BJ Penn Forever -

Does anyone remember the old "Brazilian worm" excuse for losing a fight?

Years ago when Brazilian fighters would provide reasons they lost a fight some sort of illness like a virus would often be cited. One fighter (I think a PRIDE fighter) said he had a stomach worm of some sort leading into a big fight and after that every time a Brazilian would go on and on in post-fight interviews as to why they lost... people would comment, ahhh... "the old Brazilian worm" strikes again.

Brazilians do tend to provide more detailed lists of reasons they lose fight than their American/British/Russian opponents, broadly speaking.

I believe that was Vitor Belfort’s worm in the Joe Charles fight 

That sounds about right.

Glad to hear the old Brazilian worm is back! The Irish balloon foot was getting too much attention for a while there.

2 Likes
touch -

validity of the excuse aside, if you can't sleep and decide to take alcohol, you drink vodka period. Beer or wine would take hours to knock you out and you will probably feel worse the next day.

I think this post proves once and for all that touch is a real Russian and its not just some Datsik loving character he plays on the UG.

Sober Costa wins the rematch!

BJ Penn Forever -
touch -

I think this post proves once and for all that touch is a real Russian and its not just some Datsik loving character he plays on the UG.

I'm not playing shit bro

1 Like

So if Izzy sent him the wine does that mean he deserved the humping he gave in the ring 

This is the worst excuse till date..

Brazilians and their excuses, never ends.

So, wine caused him to lose. Losing caused him to whine.  Full circle. 

He's Brazilian, eeees normal

touch -
BJ Penn Forever -
touch -

I'm not playing shit bro

I know man, was just a joke because you brought up vodka and everyone equates Russians with vodka.

I guess MMA is catching up to boxing in more ways than one. This is some Deyonte Wilder level shit 

I’m not a fan of Costa, even less after reading that, but i have to admit he looked tired, hangover and didn’t even try in that fight. 

1 Like
steak and chicken -

I guess MMA is catching up to boxing in more ways than one. This is some Deyonte Wilder level shit 

Bro, that lego block black panther get up weighed 40lbs. Ive seen grown men crushed to death under less weight. Guy Is a hero. 

Costa is just a winey lush. 

Nightmare for Izzy

You can’t fuck someone when they’re drunk, that’s taking advantage 

#PauloToo

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/cub-swanson-scolds-paulo-costa-for-suggesting-he-fought-israel-adesanya-with-a-hangover-how-dumb-can-you-be/

How fucking hard is it for these Brazilians to keep their mouths shut. 

3 Likes

I see he’s out to try and lose as many fans as possible.