Could BJ beat Guida?

SleepingTalon - Guida? Is this a fucking joke?  BJ lost to the best WW on the planet, not some goddamn can, and all of a sudden, BJ is a can to half of the forum tards. Why the hell would he lose to Clay "the backpack" Guida? Guida has looked like shit his past few fights. I actually can't believe Nate didn't get the decision last night. Clay did nothing and did just as much nothing against Danzig. BJ would smash Guida to shreds.

+1

kent paul - 
Well BJ Penn beat Shawn Sherk with ease and he is a better than Clay Guida will ever be, know disrespect to him of coarse because he is still a great fighter, i just do not think that he is at BJ Penns level as a Mixed Martial Arts fighter IMO.

No doubt, Guida is a nice guy, he's crazy looking, and for whatever other reasons you need, the fans seem to eat him up for it...But Guida isn't anywhere near Sherk's class of fighter, and BJ totally worked Sherk. It's like Clay is turning into the new gatekeeper in the LW division, if you can beat Clay in a decision, they will move you into the upper echelon of fighters at 155.

Justinmacd - No.

GSP broke Penn and he will never, EVER be the same again.

That will make his next fight (if he fights again) much more interesting.

In the past, even when he loses. BJ could look back and say "I was winning until I gassed". This fight, he just got his ass kicked. I don't know if he will be able to get motivated to fight after that. And his aura of invincibility is gone, IMO.

BJ would murder Clay on the feet. Clay is not as big nor as strong nor as good as GSP.

You're acting like anyone with a fast pace and muscles is suddenly a favorite over BJ, which is absurd. GSP is a special fighter, and beating BJ is a huge feather in anybody's cap. Clay couldn't hold him on the cage for more than a minute. BJ would pick him apart on the feet, and Guida's striking is terrible. He uses the Tito "shell" defense where he just puts his arms up and backs straight away hoping not to get hit anymore. He swings wild hooks. BJ eats him up in the first or second round.

ttt

????

I'll take Guida.

I can't justify my decision, but I don't care.

This is definitely one of the dumbest threads on the UG.

best thread ever