Could Helio any current fighters?

He's pretty old, but people who've trained with him say he's still tough.  Do you think his supreme skills plus the fact that he's been doing it for like 90 years would be enough to beat guys like Gabe or Andy Wang?  How about Jens Pulver?  Gina Carano (sp? -- the fat one)?

Oops, left "beat" out of the title.

Get off my thread, acehole.

I would pay money to see him fight Michael J Fox.

are you f ing crazy,he's a oldman thats fragile.the oldman was giving a seminar and told some guy to mount him .so this guy mounts him and uses all strenght and tries to crush him ,he ends up breaking helios ribs.he is tough and finished the seminar.

The day to day torrent of happenings in our world invariably gives rise to questions about what coulda woulda shoulda be or been. Thus this page is dedicated to the more speculative aspects of Mixed Martial Arts.

We do ask that the same Guidelines applying to the rest of the page be adhered to here as well.

Sincerely,

MMA.tv Staff

Already In Use - "He's pretty old, but people who've trained with him say he's still tough."

Who? His sons?

Marc Laimon was right.

i would perfer to be wrong then let some guy spit in my face and walk away after i talked a bunch of shit.

Here you go.

Helio could probably beat 99% of people his age and older in the world. That's still pretty sweet considering how many old people there are.

12- which seminar was that when Helio broke his rib? Was that in Atlanta?

FatBuddha - 12- which seminar was that when Helio broke his rib? Was that in Atlanta?

im not sure ,but i will ask.it was a blue belt.

Everyone should have nothing but respect for that man, if any of us were in that condition at his age we'd be very very happy. He's gotta be at peace knowing his family is set and he's changed alot of people's lives.

He looks like he can still roll.  I don't think we'd see him trading bombs with someone a la the Don Frye/Takayama fight, but I think he could still hold his own on the ground.

lol that vid was pretty cool

and wow, that guy must have felt like an asshole(or just been one) after breaking helio's rib, going all out on a 90+ year old man

oh, and to answer the thread title

come on...he's 93

that's just ridiculous

12 - are you f ing crazy,he's a oldman thats fragile.the oldman was giving a seminar and told some guy to mount him .so this guy mounts him and uses all strenght and tries to crush him ,he ends up breaking helios ribs.

What a douchebag

12-thanks, ask if you can. I was at a Helio seminar circa 2004 or so in Atlanta and this big blue belt mounted Helio and was going super hard. Thanks again and I hope all is well out at the academy,
- FB

Honestly, I'd like to see Helio vs. Kyle Maynard. Striking wouldn't be a factor (unless Helio still trains Hapkido), and it'd be interesting to see how the master of the BJJ strategy would deal with a limbless opponent.

Helio by gi choke!

Mike Sanders - Honestly, I'd like to see Helio vs. Kyle Maynard. Striking wouldn't be a factor (unless Helio still trains Hapkido), and it'd be interesting to see how the master of the BJJ strategy would deal with a limbless opponent.

Helio by gi choke!

That would get like a 90 rating on Japanese TV