Could Rousey (with time) be apart of P4P rankings?

I think if Rousey keeps up her streak, this is possible. An obstacle is getting more crediblity in her opponents and more publicity on WMMA in general (not just Rousey)

Bur do you think Rousey, if she keeps her momentum going, can earn a spot into the P4P rankings Phone Post

Not a chance.

Stick her In a cage with barao and see what happens! Phone Post

LMFAO.

Being in a weak ass division.

Dodging the #1 Female fighter in Cyborg....because of 10 lbs...Hell 5 lbs if it's catch weight.

She isn't either p4p or a warrior.

Bj,Saku, and Gina are true warriors/ more p4p than her.

No.

Sure... WMMA is so deep I'm sure after her 3rd rematch with Tate idiots on this thread will call her the P4P GOAT Phone Post

No Phone Post

Nyet

What we have in Ronda is not a future P4P ranker, but a future actress. She just said to Karyn Briant she would like to fight Cyroid in January, then entertain the possibility of acting in some movie.

From then on, we lose her, because there is not enough money in WMMA to keep her 'with us' if that goes well. The only way to keep Ronda in MMA is if she starts making a man's salary.

She is the equivalent of womens MMA as Royce Gracie was to the early UFC. I can respect what she is accomplishing but I don't know if I could put her on a top 10 p4p list although I can see a point for it being made. She has dominated at a level that has never been done before, 6 for 6 first round submissions. If she could do the same to Cyborg I would strongly consider it. My trained mma eye can appreciate a level of skill even though her competition is fairly weak. Most have Anderson as top pound for pound fighter and his biggest win is against a guy who hasn't put together a 5 fight winning streak since he fought in Rings.

She's pound for pound best wmma fighter Phone Post

LMFAO - only if Cody Mackenzie does.

Kimbos Bread - LMFAO - only if Cody Mackenzie does.

Don't forget Paul Sass!

Seriously though, she's obviously talented, hardworking and very good at one thing, but ultimately she's a big fish in a little pond at this point. That can't ascend someone to p4p greatness unfortunately for Ronda.

WMMA and MMA are different sports...

SonofJockstrap - <blockquote>ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - She is the equivalent of womens MMA as Royce Gracie was to the early UFC. I can respect what she is accomplishing but I don't know if I could put her on a top 10 p4p list although I can see a point for it being made. She has dominated at a level that has never been done before, 6 for 6 first round submissions. If she could do the same to Cyborg I would strongly consider it. My trained mma eye can appreciate a level of skill even though her competition is fairly weak. Most have Anderson as top pound for pound fighter and his biggest win is against a guy who hasn't put together a 5 fight winning streak since he fought in Rings.</blockquote>

Well that biggest win is about to win the LHW title and have a 5 fight winning streak. Not like his losses weren't against quality opponents, unlike Anderson.

I hope he beats Jones but I doubt it. Henderson is overvalued right now, I hope he gets paid well for this beating.

The concept of P4P is a joke in the first place.

P4P basically means take said fighter and move them to a weight class where everything is fair. If you take Ronda out of WMMA and put her in MMA I think a close model would be Damian Maia, from a few years ago. He has world class BJJ, and a few years ago his striking was absent to say the least. His whole match was "if" he can get his opponent to the ground. We still need her to develop some striking and show she can outwork her opponents on the feet. So at best I think she's a contender, that's not a bad thing entirely. Phone Post

OFC - P4P basically means take said fighter and move them to a weight class where everything is fair. If you take Ronda out of WMMA and put her in MMA I think a close model would be Damian Maia, from a few years ago. He has world class BJJ, and a few years ago his striking was absent to say the least. His whole match was "if" he can get his opponent to the ground. We still need her to develop some striking and show she can outwork her opponents on the feet. So at best I think she's a contender, that's not a bad thing entirely. Phone Post

Lol

She's not touching any UFC 135er.

I'm not trying to take anything away from her, she is clearly a great fighter.

But if she walked forward into the clinch like she did last night against a male fighter she would get laid out. It would be hard to watch.

I doubt she'd get the takedown and she definitely wouldn't land in mount.

WMMA is legit, as a woman's sport. Let's not pretend its as evolved as regular MMA. Phone Post