Covington: on Woodley: "He just claims racism."

http://severemma.com/2018/02/colby-covington-tyron-woodley-ufc-let-wants-dont-just-claims-racism/

mma_jeremy -

Tyron's an amazing fighter and it's sad that people forget how brutally he starched fighters before his last few fights, which he fought brilliantly strategically anyway.

But the systematic race card pulling is a huge turn off for me. The guy literally guilt tripped the UFC into giving him a title shot after over a year of just waiting around and then goes on to scream racism at every single opportunity.

I'm not saying "fight and shut up" is always the answer, but I just don't see any racism in that case. Guy just has a huge chip on his shoulder and I'm tired of the constant implication of all-around racism.

It's sad because in the end it does becomes a self-fulfilling profecy, where people do get tired and resentful of that shit and then he can legitimize a point of view that wasn't true until he made it happen.

Agree 100%

mma_jeremy -

Tyron's an amazing fighter and it's sad that people forget how brutally he starched fighters before his last few fights, which he fought brilliantly strategically anyway.

But the systematic race card pulling is a huge turn off for me. The guy literally guilt tripped the UFC into giving him a title shot after over a year of just waiting around and then goes on to scream racism at every single opportunity.

I'm not saying "fight and shut up" is always the answer, but I just don't see any racism in that case. Guy just has a huge chip on his shoulder and I'm tired of the constant implication of all-around racism.

It's sad because in the end it does becomes a self-fulfilling profecy, where people do get tired and resentful of that shit and then he can legitimize a point of view that wasn't true until he made it happen.

Good post 

mma_jeremy - 

He hasn’t been fighting strategically. He hasn’t been fighting at all.

mma_jeremy -

VTFU 

“man lands on moon”

Woodley is suppressed not because he is black but because he is his own worst enemy.

I always wonder why he cant see it. I mean they gave him a spot on the tv show... what more of a platform can you ask for, go do your jobs. 

"it's cause im (insert race here)" is identifying as a victim. why would anyone want to do that?

I have always maintained that Woodley's "victimhood" is based on his size, i.e., height, not his race, and he is merely using race as a cover.

They should bring Rory back to slap him around.

FapSlap -

I always wonder why he cant see it. I mean they gave him a spot on the tv show... what more of a platform can you ask for, go do your jobs. 

Yeah this exactly.  Its in UFC's best interest that the champ is well known.  Not their fault if people dislike him,  it is his whining that is to blame.  Listen to his fight analysis,  he is really good at it.  If he dropped the victim act I would be much more of a fan I think.