Craig Titus Sentenced to 21 to 55 years for Murder

Pro Bodybuilders Sentenced in Aide's Vegas Death
Bodybuilding star couple sentenced to prison in Las Vegas slaying of live-in assistant
The Associated Press

LAS VEGAS

A Las Vegas bodybuilder and his wife were sentenced to prison Friday over the slaying and burning of their live-in assistant.

Craig Titus, 43, was sentenced to 21 to 55 years. He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, kidnapping and arson in the death of 28-year-old Melissa James.

Titus' wife, Kelly Ryan, was sentenced to 6 to 26 years in prison. She pleaded guilty to arson and Nevada's equivalent of no contest to battery with a deadly weapon.

Both Titus and Ryan were originally charged with murder with a deadly weapon in the case.

James' body was found December 2005 in the trunk of Ryan's car outside Las Vegas.

Titus is a 1996 bodybuilding champion and Mr. Olympia competitor, and Ryan is a past Fitness America and Fitness International winner.

A lawyer for Ryan declined comment. A lawyer for Titus said he is considering challenging the sentence.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=5637426

Damn.

Holy sh!t!!!!

ttt

titus was the bodybuilder that wanted to fight baroni right ? shame we'll never get to see Phil kick his ass

miscarriage of justice

T Bag -  miscarriage of justice

How so?

Cindy

that is a difference...

21 vs 6...

In my books that is as close to life as possible...

21 Years is a long stint...

I've heard/read in a few places that professional bodybuilding has heaps of nutcases (obviously not as bad as Titus but people who have substance abuse problems and/or mental health issues apparently gravitate towards professional bodybuilding).

Fuck Titus,  but his jealous wife who is the one that probabaly actually did the killing is the one who should have gotten the harsher sentence.

The wife is the one that did the deed with an "assult by deadly weapon" and tried to get rid of the body with the "arson" charge...

But she gets 2-6 and Titus get life for second degree murder???

Stupid dummy should not have taken the harsher sentence for his murdering wife who will be out before she is 40 due to time served and good behavior, free to kill more people while he stays in jail for something he didn't do and just helped cover up for life...

there is no such thing as good behavior when a minimum time is defined...maybe time served but i doubt it...

she will do the 6... and he will do the 21...

Is Titus the guy who fought Pedro Sauer in the early 90's in that dojo match?

Give them both the chair.

This isnt the first time Titus has been locked up... Ba-bye

dudley - Is Titus the guy who fought Pedro Sauer in the early 90's in that dojo match?

No... that guy was legally blind, wasn't he?

Max

Kelly Ryan was a very talented fitness competitor,winning alot of competitions and finishing second a couple of times in the fitness Olympia.Her career just went downhill after she hooked up with Titus,he was a mid tier bodybuilder who was popular because of all the trash talking he did in the magazines about his competitors.He had a girlfriend awhile back named Debi Halo who dumped him for boxer Vinny Pazienza,who subsequently dumped her.

CindyO - 
T Bag -  miscarriage of justice

How so?

Cindy
Because they should execute that worthless piece of shit, that's how I took the comment at least.

Crazy story. 

Lance Bachelor was the legally blind MMA fighter who fought Sauer and also on the MARS Shooting Stars tournament, and I'm sure a few other events..