Crazy Rampage Jackson stories?

Colusa

Never heard of it.

thus the description “tiny town”

1 Like

Yeah but I never heard of it. I thought you were gonna say Jackson or something.

Yeah Colusa is even smaller than Jackson. I like saying “I’m goin to Jackson” better too.

Was a huge fan during pride and early UFC and hurts me to agree but you’re right. Not the best guy…

We should go party at the Rancheria sometime.

You in Jackson? Or somewhere out there in the foothills?

I might be from that area. Dont come after me tho bro, I kidding about all that gay and aids stuff and I hope you ko your cancer!

1 Like

Hahahaha!!! I don’t get worked up about anything on message boards. Especially to the point that I take it as IRL shit. If they ever open up and have more events and I make it, lets see some fights together.

1 Like

Lets just say, I know TJ is a douchebag from first hand experience, and I use to pin his midget ass.

1 Like

The first show on a Indian Reservation was the IFC in 1999 at The Rancheria in Jackson,so you are off by a little.

Actually I meant early to mid 2000’s. I am way off.

1 Like

Found the card.

The guy he fought was named Bryson Haubrick and that was his first fight, so they probably did pull him out of the crowd. Fought on the first ever WEC card as well. Also, he was 6’8”.

I mis-remembered that. The announcer said “STANDING SIX FOOT 8!!!” and the crowd went “oooohh”…and then Rampage beat the brakes off his big ass.

4 Likes

It was something along the lines of no elbows or knees when on your feet but they were allowed on the ground but not to the head. Something very strange. Honestly, I can’t say enough positive things about the promoter. He was such a standup guy that I wrote him a recommendation letter to get licensed to promote in another State. Also, on one of his later shows, there was a disabled guy (paralyzed from waist down) who really wanted to fight. The promoter, Chuck, got an epidural so he could fight the guy himself. Something like that. I remember there were threads about it at one point, but that is almost 2.0 years ago now. Holy shit Im old.

Wait, thee was a guy paralyzed from the waist down that wanted to fight? And they found him an opponent? How did that fight go?

I don’t remember if it actually happened. The promoter volunteered to fight the guy himself. Got set up to do an epidural to essentially paralyze himself from waist down to do the fight. Honestly, I have no idea how that would have even happened. How do you start them across the cage from one another? Do they crawl to the middle and go to war? How could you judge it? Lots of questions there.

1 Like

I only vaguely remember that. Chuck was a good guy, I always wondered what happened to him. I didn’t watch MMA or participate in anything to do with it for years and it was during that time he fell off the map. His wife left us home baked cookies at our hotel too. The rules for that CA show were definitely strange, but this was before there were any kind of unified rules and it definitely wasn’t sanctioned as far as I knew. I think it was called extreme pankration or something to skirt the rules somehow.

Thats quite a statement!