Crucial MMA in Georgia News

Funny how the government tries to get into every aspect of our lives and then they dictate how much to charge for what... That's not Freedom, it's Tyranny.

J

Funny how some people can manipulate the government to
their own ends.

This is really a small group of people trying to cash in on the
hard work of true MMA supporters.

The same athletic commission tried to stop the UFC from
coming to Augusta years ago even when they didn't have the
jurisdiction to do so.

ttt

ttt

TTT for this Letter and click the hand delivered option on the senator page so that we can get notification asap.

Dear Senator ________,

Please vote AGAINST house Bill HB558. It will serve to destroy the sport of mixed martial arts in GA.

GA currently has the most active Mixed Martial Art scene in the United States. Thanks to the regulation of the ISCF (international Sport Combat Federation) and the work of Mr. Mike Carlson (district attorney--Augusta), the sport has remained safe, well-run, and free of criminals and hooligans.

House Bill HB558 even contains a clause allowing CONVICTED FELONS to promote shows in GA. That would include convicted drug dealer Lane Collyer, who is currently banned from promoting in this state thanks to the hard work of Mike Carlson and the ISCF.

This bill will make it financially impossible for the smaller, grass-roots shows that are the backbonne of the sport in this state to even exist.

As an active, registered Republican VOTER in Fayette County, I implore you to vote NO on house bill HB558.

ttt

ttt

I have called and emailed my Senator. Please do the same and explain to the person you speak with why this bill is bad for the state of Georgia.

Tripp Owings

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

Gator Man,

You need to do more reseach into the bill. $1,000 dollars a year plus 250 per event. That is a lot of money for small events like SFO, Winters Wars, and Battle in V-Town. These are small events that try and bring the sport to teh fans for not much money and I am not sure they will be able to afford to put on events with these increases in expenditures. Also for a weekly event like Cal's 250 a week would be 13k per year plus the 1,000 dollar fee. That would effectively kill his event and more than likely the others stated above. In addition, how do you feel that by charging more money to the promotor there will be more money left over for the fighters? Do you think that by the promotor giving more money to the state for no reason that that will bring in more fans to allow the promotor to make back his 1250 dollars plus more to increase fighter pay?

As for fighter safety, the ISCF does inlcude physicals and makes sure that all fighters have them the day of the fights. This helps to ensure fighter safety. The ISCF does a great job to promote fighter safety. Your comment seems to say to me that you do not believe the ISCF cares about fighter safety, and that is their upmost concern and I resent you implying otherwise. Also the HB 558 allows for convicted felons to promote events in the state of Georgia, how does that promote fighter safety? I would not want to fight for say a convicted Ectasy dealer, he definitely cares about fighter safety....

Also how would a referee who has never seen MMA and judges that do not know the sport help to ensure fighter safety and integrity of the sport? As for Bull Shaw fighting and beating Chris Brown, to my knowledge Bull Shaw has not fought in three years at least, come to a current event they are better run. Also the referees are more experienced and the sport has evolved to help protect fighters. This job falls to cornermen and the referee in the ring to keep all parties safe. Cam does a fantastic job with this and if you would come to an event now you would know that. I would like to personally invite to Brett Moses next event, I am not sure of the date but it is in April I believe. Email me and I will let you know all the details as I know. thomaso21@comcast.net

Tripp Owings

TTT

ttt

nicely said Tripp.

thanks Doomsday.ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt