Cyborg cannot stop trying to ride Ronda's coattail

liljacare - 
SinCityHustler - The whole hating Cyborg has never made any sense at all. You are a cage fighter in the same weight class this person is in who she absolutely despises. In fact, she is mentioned as the possible next opponent for the world championship. What could possibly be better than to beat the person she hates so much, to take the belt, to end the streak and the reign? And not only that, she defeats her contemporary who is widely considered #1 on the planet. Going forward for her own legacy, she leaves no doubt as to who is #1. Who would avoid that?

Could Ronda actually be so miserable, she’s willing to miss out on all that for the sake of Cyborg not getting paid?

I don’t know a thing about the American Judo culture. No idea whatsoever. I’ll tell you though about the American wrestling culture. We have a thing called a vision quest. It’s quite literally leaving your own weight class where you are doing well, and go into a weight class that has a dominant champion or contender. It becomes your vision quest to knock that guy off and remove him from the discussion of greatness, instead you stop into that discussion by force.

I never had an opportunity to be in a situation to pursue a vision quest, but I have seen it. There is nothing more honorable than that. I’ve seen it pulled off and I’ve seen it fail. Even in failure there’s a level of respect earned that stays with you.

Again, I have no idea about American Judo culture, but Ronda had it all set up for her to right her wrongs and to capture greatness. Instead she ran away as far as she could run. I get it, she didn’t believe she could win. You sort of need that.

Same weight class?

The same one, yes.

Get A Grip Dude - 
SinCityHustler - 
liljacare - 
SinCityHustler - The whole hating Cyborg has never made any sense at all. You are a cage fighter in the same weight class this person is in who she absolutely despises. In fact, she is mentioned as the possible next opponent for the world championship. What could possibly be better than to beat the person she hates so much, to take the belt, to end the streak and the reign? And not only that, she defeats her contemporary who is widely considered #1 on the planet. Going forward for her own legacy, she leaves no doubt as to who is #1. Who would avoid that?

Could Ronda actually be so miserable, she’s willing to miss out on all that for the sake of Cyborg not getting paid?

I don’t know a thing about the American Judo culture. No idea whatsoever. I’ll tell you though about the American wrestling culture. We have a thing called a vision quest. It’s quite literally leaving your own weight class where you are doing well, and go into a weight class that has a dominant champion or contender. It becomes your vision quest to knock that guy off and remove him from the discussion of greatness, instead you stop into that discussion by force.

I never had an opportunity to be in a situation to pursue a vision quest, but I have seen it. There is nothing more honorable than that. I’ve seen it pulled off and I’ve seen it fail. Even in failure there’s a level of respect earned that stays with you.

Again, I have no idea about American Judo culture, but Ronda had it all set up for her to right her wrongs and to capture greatness. Instead she ran away as far as she could run. I get it, she didn’t believe she could win. You sort of need that.

Same weight class?

The same one, yes.

Yes, they were both walking around at about 155 when Cyborg turned down the title fight with Ronda and instead asked to be released from the UFC so she could go to Invicta and spend the rest of her career talking about how badly she wanted to fight Ronda.

This!

If Cyborg had really wanted to fight Rhonda, she would have focued her training on being better and faster, not bulking up on gear that made her look more like Rondo Hatton and pushed her out of Rhonda's weight class.

In ways I feel sorry for Chris. She needed better people around her. 

Many blame the prople around Cyborg,,,like "Broken Penis" Ray Elbe,,,for her horrible PR ,,,,Cyborg is a mean bitch who has surrounded herself with mean people,,,like Cyborg Nation,,,who else has these kind of people on the payroll??

She is one mean bitch.

She sicks her dogs on anyone who is pissing her off.

The latest is Ronda.