Cyborg Concerned About Alexanders Moolah

Daniel Cormier is urging Alexander Gustafsson to retire but Cris Cyborg wonders if he’s made enough money to do so.

It’s no secret that Gustafsson has been on the decline in his pro MMA career. “The Mauler” went from giving former pound-for-pound king Jon Jones all he could handle to being finished four times in a row.
Something has got to give and in DC’s mind, retirement is the answer.

“Gustafsson is done. He needs to walk away, these shots are hard but he used to eat those. The chin is gone, walk away my friend. We all have an expiration date. One of the best to not have had a title.”
“I know he fought for the title multiple times but I have to wonder if he’s earned enough to financially retire.”

Gustafsson’s latest setback took place at UFC London on July 23. He was knocked out by Nikita Krylov and the fight only lasted one minute and seven seconds.
Going into the fight, Gustafsson told media members that he didn’t regret trying out the heavyweight division before returning to 205 pounds for the Krylov fight.

“Not at all. A fight’s a fight, and I felt the heavyweight division, and I was feeling very comfortable in the heavyweight division, but I’ve always been in the light heavyweight division, so that’s my division. So I’m back,” Gustafsson said. “I felt strong as a heavyweight. The fight ended up as it did, but I felt strong. I felt fast for being a heavyweight, and also I’m a pretty big light heavyweight, so it was good. But the light heavyweight division has always been there, it’s always where I’ve been fighting, competing. I feel great to be back. I’m excited to be back, and it’s been a while.”

The Fuck

1 Like

Not retire as in never work again. Retire as in from professional MMA & getting brain damage. Then work a real job training or go to school or whatever you want. But getting KO’d for cash is a bad long term strategy…

2 Likes

Cyborg doesn’t seem to understand there’s other ways he can make money lol.

3 Likes

And a wild Cyborg appears with opinions no one needed on shit that’s none of her business and she knows nothing about!

Random as shit.

5 Likes

Unless Gus has been open about his finances, Cyborg should keep her speculations to herself. I get that she wants to attack the UFC for fighter pay but she shouldnt be using Gus’s unknown financial situation and his unknown motivations for it.

4 Likes

Zactly My sentiments

1 Like

Cyborg tryin to stir the UFC payout pot…

with her penis

1 Like

It’s not that easy to go join the regular workforce and get a job that pays well. What skills non fight related has a guy like him acquired over the last 15 years? He will be looking at an entry level position if he can’t capitalize on any connections he has made over the years. To go from being on top of the fight world to that kind of sucks.

Opening a gym isn’t as easy as it sounds either.

so dc can call for retirement, but cyborg can’t question his retirement savings? gtfo of here

he’ll be in bellator or bkfc before we know it

It does suck, but that’s the game & people should know it’s most likely not long term going in. Just like athletes in other sports. It’s just not the easiest thing for a lot of people to plan for the future past their career.

It’s kind of like the military. 20 years should be your goal and get a nice retirement. But if you can’t do it & get out after 10, you may find yourself going back to school, like I did, to find a new path.

2 Likes

Mentioning retirement for a guy that just got smoked and hasn’t looked good in years when you’re a talking head for the UFC is not the same as someone that has nothing to do with anything speculating on another person’s bank account.

Do you really need the difference explained to you?

2 Likes

It should be easier for someone like Gus because he might be the biggest name in European MMA. He could be Euro color guy, he could be the face of another promotion, he could go into coaching. Its guys like, say David Zawada, that would have a harder time transitioning.

1 Like

Yeah, I was about to post that it is in the sphere of UFC fight commentating.

1 Like

Surely hes popular enough to open a gym in Sweden

1 Like