Damn, I love MMA...

Spent today going through old pride tapes with a buddy and watch some of the not so early UFCs (40s to 70s).

There's so much bullshit and TUF cards nowadays I've forgotten what real MMA is.

Conclusions?

- MMA has taken a massive step in a direction that bores me (fair enough its making money for fighters, but at the end of the day I don't give a fuck about Junie Browning or CB Dolloway)

- I miss pride.

I miss pride as well, but dismissing fighters as less than UFC worthy because they went through TUF is quite disrespectful. Most of those guys would have fought in the UFC anyway and the fact they appeared on TUF should in no way denigrate their accomplishments or your enjoyment of their fighting.

In any case, the quality and quantity of mma today is so much greater than any other period of time, I dont know why that would be the cause of your concern.

Bad ass vid. I miss Pride too.

Yeah - no doubt - Pride had some killer fights.  I've been digging Dream and Sengoku though for something different than the stateside Strikeforce, WEC, UFC trifecta.

Great video - wish I had some of these old cards to re-watch.

BrutalMedic - Spent today going through old pride tapes with a buddy and watch some of the not so early UFCs (40s to 70s).

There's so much bullshit and TUF cards nowadays I've forgotten what real MMA is.

Conclusions?

- MMA has taken a massive step in a direction that bores me (fair enough its making money for fighters, but at the end of the day I don't give a fuck about Junie Browning or CB Dolloway)

- I miss pride.

Great post, agreed.

what are people crying bout

there have been a ton of good fights this year didnt and have to complain once. Go do something else besides watching MMA all day

nofatchicks - I miss pride as well, but dismissing fighters as less than UFC worthy because they went through TUF is quite disrespectful. Most of those guys would have fought in the UFC anyway and the fact they appeared on TUF should in no way denigrate their accomplishments or your enjoyment of their fighting.

In any case, the quality and quantity of mma today is so much greater than any other period of time, I dont know why that would be the cause of your concern.

Early TUF has brought us champions and some serious contenders:

- Forrest
- Rashad
- Diego
- Joe Daddy
- Kenny Florian

The TUF skill level has certainly depleted since that time IMHO, with very few exceptions.

I enjoy watching skilled athletes compete at the highest level. Junie Browning was there for ratings. That's the kind of direction we've lunged in that I'm not enjoying.

Also,

I miss Pride.

BrutalMedic - 
nofatchicks - I miss pride as well, but dismissing fighters as less than UFC worthy because they went through TUF is quite disrespectful. Most of those guys would have fought in the UFC anyway and the fact they appeared on TUF should in no way denigrate their accomplishments or your enjoyment of their fighting.

- Forrest
- Rashad
- Diego
- Joe Daddy
- Kenny Florian

The TUF skill level has certainly depleted since that time IMHO, with very few exceptions.

I enjoy watching skilled athletes compete at the highest level. Junie Browning was there for ratings. That's the kind of direction we've lunged in that I'm not enjoying.

Also,

I miss Pride.

I dont disagree with this, but the reason behind this is that there are only so many quality fighters out there. Every organization is thin on guys that anybody would want to see fight. TUF has turned out to be a good way to introduce fighters and make people more invested in them than just being some random guy on a fight card. I'm more interested in seeing CB Dolloway fight or Chris Leben fight because I know a little something about them as opposed to them being just some random undercarder.

Good post.

The handlers were so desperate to "legitimize" the "sport" that today we have a watered down version of what it used to be about. I don't watch TUF and never will. I guess I'm not a real MMA fan.

The funny thing is the upcoming TUF finale is a pretty intriguing card.

Hamill/Jones is one of the best fights of December and Edgar/Veach will be interesting.

Also debut of Rodney Wallace and Howard/Hallman, then of course Kimbo and the TUF finals

BrutalMedic - 

- Forrest
- Rashad
- Diego
- Joe Daddy
- Kenny Florian

Also,

I miss Pride.

Thats not necessarily true.

TUF 5 gaves us MAynard, Diaz and Lauzon .

Pearson, Escudero and Bader are all good prospects