Dan Hardy calls out Nick Diaz

Welterweight Dan Hardy hasn't competed since 2012, due to a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a genetic condition that the Mayo Clinic defines as “the presence of an extra, abnormal electrical pathway in the heart that leads to periods of a very fast heartbeat. In most cases, the episodes of fast heartbeats aren’t life-threatening, but serious heart problems can occur." Prior to the diagnosis, the longest Hardy had gone without competing in a sport was a year, since he started Taekwondo lessons at the age of 7.

Now 38, Hardy plans to fight again. It was believed his return opponent would be Matt Brown, but "The Immortal" fights Dhiego Lima on June 16, so on a recent appearance on Submission Radio, "The Outlaw" said he's moving on, and wrote down a list of potential opponents that included:

Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz

Matt Brown

Carlos Condit

Conor McGregor

Dustin Poirier

Tony Ferguson

Diego Sanchez

Cowboy Cerrone

Rafael dos Anjos

Anthony Pettis

“I just saw today that [Brown] has been matched with Lima. So, I don’t know what’s going on there," said Hardy. "And they’ve kind of booked him as far back as they have either. I mean, he’s 19th of June. It’s the last fight card that the UFC have got on their schedule. It’s the only fight on the card at the moment. So, I don’t know what’s going on there. I’m trying to get in contact with the UFC and it’s proving very difficult at the moment. So, social media is the best way of going about it.

"I’ve got (shows list of names), there you go. That’s my 15 names on my list. That’s my hit list. I’ve got a list there. But there’s a list there of 15 guys there that at any point in the next couple of years I’d be happy to fight. And that I’d be very much appreciative of their competition as well, cause they’re all formidable individuals and all people that feel like I could find a way to beat. Which very much excites me. So, I’ll work down the list. I mean, Matt Brown is the one I want, cause he makes sense.

“Nick Diaz is my priority. I mean, a Diaz brother would be great, just cause I love their vibe, I love their trash talk and I think I could get inside their head the way they get inside other people’s head. And I always think their game has been, you know, over-celebrated, shall we say? They’re good, but they’re not technically great. They’re kind of sloppy. They’ve got good jiu-jitsu of course, but they don’t have any means of getting you to the ground without slapping the hell out of you like they did McGregor. I just think, you know, Diaz, the Diaz brothers have got such a name, and Nick’s been out for so long.

"And this is the thing that people forget - he’s been out in the bars in Vegas, and I’ve been sitting Octagon-side studying the sport and watching it grow. I feel like I’ve been absorbing souls. Like what’s his name off Mortal Kombat. Every fight I’ve watched I’ve absorbed something from it. And I do it on a daily basis. I watched the Canelo fight against Yildirim 12 times yesterday and I got a lot from that. Like, the amount of information in my brain. If I can communicate 10 percent of that into any combat sport, I’m feeling confident I could beat every single name on that list.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts-0HrLP404

Nick or Nate would merc him

1 Like

Hardy doesnt want that 209 beatdown

Thats a fun fight!

Hell yeah

He might not win but he is 100% correct, both are over-celebrated big time and technically both suck other than their BJJ.

Cardio and Chin are their only world attributes 

2 Likes

Fuck yeah. Lets do it. 

I think Hardy is a fight that any of those guys on that list could lose to.

Y'all are sleeping on Hardy.

4 Likes

Nice list considering the guys best win is Mike Swick. No disrespect to Swick meant.

Captain Canuck -

what fight was it where he nearly got his arm broken , but didnt tap.

Shugum - 
Captain Canuck -

what fight was it where he nearly got his arm broken , but didnt tap.

GSP

Paramount Donkey -

Nice list considering the guys best win is Mike Swick. No disrespect to Swick meant.

Swick was a better fighter when Hardy fought him than Nate Diaz has been at any point in his career 

3 Likes

With all do respect to Dan, IF Nick or Nate did come back, do you really think they would come back to fight Dan Hardy? Lets be real.

3 Likes
Dreville79 -
Paramount Donkey -

Swick was a better fighter when Hardy fought him than Nate Diaz has been at any point in his career 

Lol but true

Dreville79 - 
Paramount Donkey -

What fucking drugs are you on? 

2 Likes
Ryann Von Doom -
Dreville79 - 
Paramount Donkey -

None, hence I can see Nate Diaz was barely a Top 10 fighter at LW & barely a Top 20 fighter at WW at any point in his career. His brother he is not

Both on their best night, Swick takes him. 

Having said that. Hardy should be fighting Sanchez on that list. He has nothing for a semi active fighter like Nate right now and he’s kidding himself thinking 8 years of in depth analysis is gonna help him in a cage fight. If Nick comes back, which he won’t because he’s an alcoholic, it’d also be a good fight for both 

Dreville79 - 
Ryann Von Doom -
Dreville79 - 
Paramount Donkey -

None, hence I can see Nate Diaz was barely a Top 10 fighter at LW & barely a Top 20 fighter at WW at any point in his career. His brother he is not

Both on their best night, Swick takes him. 

Having said that. Hardy should be fighting Sanchez on that list. He has nothing for a semi active fighter like Nate right now and he’s kidding himself thinking 8 years of in depth analysis is gonna help him in a cage fight. If Nick comes back, which he won’t because he’s an alcoholic, it’d also be a good fight for both 

You're legit fucking high. Like crocodil or crack. Perhaps you should seek help from whatever the UK does for pieces of shit like you. 

7 Likes

-100 points for rewatching stuff too much like Luke Thomas. jesus.

Nicholas Diaz would be awesome. or Nate. or Conor could be outstanding as well. or TFerg.

lol @ bringing up crocodil

Conor?T-Ferg? Pettis is signed to PFL........Are they sure Hardy doesn't have Brain damage?

3 rounder vs Diaz he could maybe survive...