Dan Henderson Compares Jon Jones to Controversial Cycling Star Lance Armstrong

Dan Henderson has compared UFC legend Jon Jones to controversial cycling star Lance Armstrong in a fascinating interview.

While many people see him as one of the greatest fighters of all time, Jon Jones hasnā€™t been without his critics. From his antics outside of the cage to some of his actions in it, ā€˜Bonesā€™ has a few enemies out there and many wonā€™t be surprised by that.

Dan Henderson is a man who almost collided with Jon inside the Octagon, only for an unfortunate injury to prevent that from happening.
In a recent podcast appearance, ā€˜Hendoā€™ was asked to give his thoughts on Jones and his legacy in mixed martial arts.

Henderson questions Jonesā€™ GOAT status

ā€œIn my mind, yeah,ā€ Henderson confirmed. ā€œIt would be tough to [call Jones the GOAT], I mean, yeah, I mean, itā€™d be like calling Lance Armstrong and cyclingā€¦ and Jon Jones tested positive more than once also.ā€

Earlier on in the interview, Henderson was asked about the comparisons between Israel Adesanya and Anderson Silva.

ā€œWell, I think he did a lot,ā€ Henderson said. ā€œI donā€™t think he did as much as Anderson Silva did, but he also didnā€™t test positive like Anderson Silva didā€¦ He tested positive, like twice I thinkā€¦ Yeah, one was- I donā€™t when the first one was, one was after he was coming back from his leg being broke. On his comeback he might have been doing some stuff, but I think he tested positive one other time. It just put a checkmark on him, an asterix, whatever you want to call it.ā€

2 Likes

No, he was scheduled to fight Dan.

He refused to fight Chael as a short notice replacement.

*Source: I was at the event in Vegas that got cancelled :rofl:

8 Likes

@Steven_McTowelie was the only fan in attendance for the mysterious UFC 151 Card lol

5 Likes

Pretty much how I feel, heā€™s the best but heā€™s a cheating bastard so doesnā€™t deserve the credit.

3 Likes

The godfather of legal PeDs?

Nobody knew about trt before Dan started bungalowing people aged 75.

Glass houses.

7 Likes

First row baby!

It was all good because we saw Extreme Midget Wrestling instead that night.

1 Like

Bro I have been so tempted every time I see the Midget Wrestling advertised and I am shameless so Iā€™ve been close to going. If you recommend though that is all the push I need to see some good olā€™ Midget Wrestling lol

Ever since Silva tested positive Iā€™ve been skeptical of all his UFC fights, especially the Franklin fights.

100%!! Iā€™m amazed Dan feels comfortable sticking his toothless face and pincushion ass in Jon Jonesā€™ business like this.

if Bisping did it, that would be fine. it took a monstrous dose of test for Dan to land his heelturn extra shot - and Bisping is the closest the sport has to a clean-rep.

2013, Dan Henderson on TRT: ā€˜Iā€™ve been on it for six years, Iā€™d be getting sick and laying on the couch more without itā€™

2 Likes

TRT Hendo was nothing like TRTitor or Jonesā€™ tranformation. At least Hendo doesnt flat out deny taking shit.
Even Rampage was on it, yet we hear no criticism for him.

1 Like

thatā€™s because rampage was also mainlining cheeseburgers

2 Likes