Dan Henderson vs. Frank Shamrock

Who would have taken this if it were MMA?

ttthrowback Phone Post 3.0

shogunhoohah -

Green Hendo with zero sub defence

post 2000 Hendo would kill any version of Frank in MMA

I don't know about that. I'd love to see the Shamrock that obliterated Baroni fight Henderson. It'd be interesting for sure. Phone Post 3.0

The juice was flowing through Frank... Phone Post 3.0

shogunhoohah -

Green Hendo with zero sub defence

post 2000 Hendo would kill any version of Frank in MMA

Lol. Ok thiaguy. You keep thinking that. Phone Post 3.0

I saw that live, Dan called the move an "ankle bar" after the fight. I even knew at the time that wasn't what it was called. 

oldie but a goodie

If it was MMA, it would have been no different I'm sure, at least back then

I watched that entire show live. It was rather boring.

An MMA fight would have ended with Frank winning, also.

Shamrock was the best under 200 LB fighter in the world in the late 90's. Extremely well rounded, outstanding cardio and extremely tough.

I liked watching him in Strike force but he was old by then. The last fight against Diaz was painful to watch.

Watching prime Dan vs prime Frank would have been an awesome fight in MMA.

I remember this show when it happened. I suppose that the world was not ready for straight submission grappling on ppv.

I would love to have seen a rematch between Dan Henderson and Frank Shamrock in the early or mid 2000's in an MMA fight. I don't think that Frank would have had such an easy time the second time around.

Hendo squealed Phone Post 3.0

Frank was ahead of his time. Too bad zuffa snubbed him from their history books... he should be a HOF'er Phone Post 3.0

Mmanizzle - Frank was ahead of his time. Too bad zuffa snubbed him from their history books... he should be a HOF'er Phone Post 3.0

agreed

keithws2 - I watched that entire show live. It was rather boring.

Shamrock was the best under 200 LB fighter in the world in the late 90's. Extremely well rounded, outstanding cardio and extremely tough.

I liked watching him in Strike force but he was old by then. The last fight against Diaz was painful to watch.

Ahem. Sakuraba belongs in that discussion of the late 90s.

Frank wins pre-2000, Dan wins post-2000

Frank was a beast. The very best, left the UFC undefeated Champion. DW is pissed at Frank simply because Frank never took his BULLSHIT. DW was & still is scared shit of Frank Shamrock. He should be the 1st UFC HOFer. Frank blasted Baroni with no Knees. FACT. 

Frank Shamrock was on another level back then. Fantastic grappler, great athlete, and he understood the need to train with a high-level striker like Maurice Smith, a kickboxing legend.

saku_mongolian_chop - 
keithws2 - I watched that entire show live. It was rather boring.

Ahem. Sakuraba belongs in that discussion of the late 90s.

I agree.