Dana big fight announcements

June 1st Newark PPV

Islam vs Poirer
Strickland vs Costa (5rds)

June 29
Conor vs Chandler (5rds)
170lbs

8 Likes

No surprise Islam doesn’t want any of Arman. And I’ll believe Conor when I see him in the cage

4 Likes

2 Likes

Islam is finally fighting a real LW

And Strickland v. Paulo could be fun

1 Like

Gay

2 Likes

Strickland is gonna get beat senseless.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure

1 Like

Dustin is one of my favorite fighters and I agreed before tonight I didn’t really agree with him getting a shot. That said…it’s not really that bad now and kind justifiable. Justin just got thoroughly dominated for 5 rds before getting viciously KOd, Olives lost to Arman, and while Arman got the win, it was not an overly dominant win and there’s quite a few think Olives could have been given the w, I gave it to Arman. Dustin is coming of a nasty KO against a ranked up and cover who had finished every fight prior to fighting Dustin. Dustin’s title shot became much more justified after tonight, that’s just my 2¢

2 Likes

Also we all know this is the last shot Dustin is getting, and could possibly retire if he/when he loses. Unless it’s fights like Diaz, Conor 4 etc

1 Like

Islam will take Dustin down and maul him.

Still managing to have a career where he avoids anyone his own size or with a wrestling background

3 Likes

I agree Dustin loses, possibly faster than he did to Khabib because Islam has better striking and Dustin is susceptible to being KOd and SUBd. I do also think Dustin has a better chance of beating Islam than he did Khabib though, because Islam is also susceptible to being hit. If Dustin can land as much as Volk did in their first fight, it may be nap time for Islam. Dustin is more accurate, bigger, and has more power than Volk.

2 Likes

Either way if Islam wins, he has no choice but to face the music because Arman will 100% be waiting for next

1 Like

Hopefully. Unless Islam keeps playing games and waits for him to get killed off by someone else like he did with dariush, Gaethje and gamrot

1 Like

Anyone actually think Conor shows up?

3 Likes

Pointless fight. Sad Justin just beat Dustin but lost tonight. So a guy whos 1-1 gets a title shot.

I think it’s because Islam said he wanted to fight asap

3 Likes

yes because he has 2 fights left on his UFC deal, he likely wants out and to go chase big boxing paydays or a fight with Diaz on their own.

1 Like

He could’ve fought gaethje on 300 so he’s full of shit. Everything Islam and team khabib does is tactical including fight selection

3 Likes

Dana would never let them fight an MMA without him/UFC involved. He will throw trucks up on trucks of cash at them and then stack the card. If they did it on their own they would have nobody good to fill out the card. And the sales would be shit if they did a PPV with one fight, they would get some idiots to pay for it but most would stream it. Especially if Dana put that fight in the sphere, man they wouldn’t pass that up

I think he will be there, it would not surprise me if he doesn’t, but I think he makes it

1 Like

Yea wouldn’t surprise me there trying to get big names when they’re not at their best.

1 Like