Dana Burned Through $16 Million Cash Writing ‘love letter to Mexican People’

1 Like

UFC CEO Dana White is currently writing a “love letter to Mexican people.”

Unfortunately, it sounds more like hate mail, since his UFC 306 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Sept. 14 will be held at The Sphere in Las Vegas — roughly 1400 miles from the Mexican border — where tickets will cost hundreds of dollars for nosebleeds.

I guess Arena CDMX in Mexico City is reserved for non-PPV “Fight Night” cards like this.

UFC 306 will be held on Mexican Independence Day and feature some of the top Mexican fighters in the promotion. Because of the unusual layout of The Sphere, White and Co. will have to sink millions of dollars into the venue to make it work.

“I’m already $16 million into this thing,” White told Club Shay Shay podcast. “This will never be replicated. Anybody who comes in after me into The Sphere is f*cked. We’re working on [the card] and tweaking it every day. Everybody should want to be on that card. Believe me when I tell you, everybody was all fired up about UFC 300. This thing is going to be, you know, and again, if you are Mexican and you are on this, it’s just going to be like nothing anybody’s ever seen before.”

That means White has burned through $2 million over the last two weeks, when you compare his sit down with Shannon Sharpe on June 19 to his prior conversation with Andrew Schulz on June 5, where he was only $14 million into The Sphere.

Maybe Dana is just really bad at math (or remembering his lines).

“You know how much money I’ve already spent on this thing? I’m $14 million in on this fcking show and it’s not until September,” White told FLAGRANT podcast. “This is going to be a fcking love letter to the Mexican people. I have this thing with Mexicans. When I tell somebody ‘you fight like a Mexican’ it’s the biggest compliment I can give you. I’ve got goosebumps telling you this right now. Some of the baddest motherfckers that have walked the face of this earth have been Mexican. And The Sphere show is on Mexican Independence Day. It’s going to be the greatest fcking love letter to the Mexican people of all time.”

Sounds more like that letter from Stan: Dear Mexico, I wrote you but you still ain’t callin’…

1 Like

dana promotes fights by making up shit that no one cares about

12 Likes

Are we supposed to be impressed? WMMA main event incoming.

8 Likes

16 million is a lot of sombreros and Cuervo Tradicional

Dana stop lying. You Pay Grasso,Moreno, and somehow Raul Rosa’s Jr’s dumbass all in Pesos.

2 Likes

Unless it’s the WWE who outclassed Dana and UFC at their own venue when they put on a show at the Apex.

3 Likes

I thought this was supposed to be a huge card, possibly headlined by Max vs Illia? You can’t have a huge card built around Mexicans, even including Mexican Americans. Maybe a good Fight Night but not a PPV.

Besides, love letters to Mexicans should actually be held in Mexico :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

What the fuck did he spend the money on?

I’ve been to the sphere. What the fuck does he need to change?

Put a fucking cage where the concert stage goes and call it a day like any other arena.

I’m confused.

Probably trying to produce some stupid Sphere video for the event.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get it either. And how about 16M in bonuses to the fighters instead?

5 Likes

Get Dead and Co the fuck outta there

2 Likes

When they say unusual layout of the sphere.

Will the octagon be here with a few rows of VIP seats?

1 Like

At a cage warrior event that my friend fought on (paddy was also on this card)
This was the same time of layout

2 Likes

The next residency at the Sphere is The Eagles. MSG needs the moolah. U2,Phish,Dead & Company have all had residency’s at the dome.

1 Like

“Welcome to the Sphere in California,
It’s a lovely place…”

1 Like

3 Likes