Dana FINALLY Addresses Fans Amid McGregor Drama, Leaves 303 Ticket Holders Angry and Confused

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1798175124421808544

1 Like

UFC CEO Dana White does not like to disappoint fans, according to this former champ.

Thatā€™s why his big announcement on Tuesday night was so confusing, which came roughly two days after the promotion canceled the UFC 303 press conference in Dublin, Ireland, a ticketed event where former two-division champion, Conor McGregor, was expected to appear alongside Ultimate Fighter rival and fellow event headliner, Michael Chandler.

Instead, we got BREAKING NEWS about UFC Denver on July 13.

Not to sound overly dramatic but McGregor is the biggest star in the sport, by a considerable margin, planning to make what he calls the ā€œgreatest comeback of all timeā€ later this month following a three-year injury absence. Not surprisingly, fans who helped contribute to T-Mobile Arenaā€™s $20 million gate are demanding answers (and possible refunds).

As a result, White got creamed on Twitter for ignoring the only story that matters right now.

It also doesnā€™t help that McGregor released a vague statement that neither confirmed nor denied rumors that he was injured and no longer attached to the June 29 fight card in Las Vegas. As for Chandler, he reportedly left fight camp and went back home to Nashville. If there was no cause for alarm, White and Co. could easily put this to bed with a single tweet.

Until then, ā€œbrace yourself for disappointment.ā€

1 Like
1 Like

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Jamahal Hill, reminds me of Bucky Boyd, another quick-tempered fighter who likes to record himself yelling at imaginary enemies. It seems ā€œSweet Dreamsā€ is pissed off at all the fans who mocked him for complaining about his UFC 300 loss to Alex Pereira, which took place last April in Las Vegas.

Hill might wanna focus some of that energy on 205-pound bruiser Carlos Ulberg, who fights the former ā€œContender Seriesā€ standout in the UFC 303 co-main event on June 29 in ā€œSin City.ā€ The 10-1 ā€œBlack Jag,ā€ winner of six straight, took over for Hillā€™s original opponent, Khalil Rountree Jr., after ā€œWar Horseā€ popped for contaminated supplements.

ā€œAt the end of the day bro, yā€™all can only talk so much sā€”t before somebody start to say something back,ā€ Hill said in his Instagram stories. ā€œSo for all yā€™all thatā€™s talking all this sā€”t about this fighting sā€”t, yā€™all wanna speak on some fighting sā€”t, we can talk money sā€”t. 20 bands! Pull up to the gym! Anybody ā€¦ all yā€™all thatā€™s talking on these posts and all of this sā€”t, talking this and that, I got 20 bands. Pull up to the gym, bro, come get paid. I know yā€™all broke and need it.ā€

I donā€™t follow other sports so Iā€™m not sure if angry MLB pitchers offer trash-talking fans $20,000 if they can go yard at the local ballpark. Unfortunately for Hill, fans will spew just as much venom when he wins, so he should probably adopt that whole ā€œsticks and stonesā€ philosophy regarding social media and just do his thing (and save himself 20 grand).

2 Likes

Kick

Fights off

1 Like