Dana goes Off on "Piece of Meat" Jackson Again!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/14/3331142/dana-white-goes-off-again-on-jon-jones-greg-jackson

I love me some angry Dana White. I thought he made a great point about Diego Sanchez though. IIRC he left Jacksons for a little while and then returned, around the same time GSP joined the team. Doing Diego wrong is pretty messed up, I didn't like that when I put 2 and 2 together. But it's an interesting read for sure.

Comments?

There are 50 (expletives)  in that article lol  

applause.gif

Dana needs to focus on the UFC more instead of vendetta's with his fighters!

Dana needs to work on backup plans cause that's all he going to be doing from here on out. Phone Post

Ludelow - Dana needs to focus on the UFC more instead of vendetta's with his fighters!

Arent his fighters part of the ufc? Phone Post

yeah, but he is hurting his own business!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Dana and JJ sit down and talk.

notsobigmike -
NaciVela - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/14/3331142/dana-white-goes-off-again-on-jon-jones-greg-jackson

I love me some angry Dana White. I thought he made a great point about Diego Sanchez though. IIRC he left Jacksons for a little while and then returned, around the same time GSP joined the team. Doing Diego wrong is pretty messed up, I didn't like that when I put 2 and 2 together. But it's an interesting read for sure.

Comments?

I actually think Jackson gets too much heat for that stuff.

At the end of the day, if it's a family or a team, you do what's best for the team.

To me at least, it seems like having some of the best fighters in the world (GSP, JJ), is good for EVERYONE. It might not be what Diego Sanchez wants, or what Rashad Evans wants, but it isn't Team Sanchez or Team Rashad.

I think it would be foolish for a trainer to turn down world class fighters because other fighters in the camp feel threatened by them.

And this doesn't even take into account Jackson himself. Imagine you've dedicated your whole life to martial arts and training fighters. If you had the chance to train a guy who seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime talent, don't you owe it to yourself to train him?

The problem is the image that Greg tries to project. If you're in a "family" you don't dump members for other members that can benefit you better.

You're right though, I just thing he needs to admit he's a business and he's doing what's best for him. Phone Post

notsobigmike - 
NaciVela - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/14/3331142/dana-white-goes-off-again-on-jon-jones-greg-jackson

Comments?

I actually think Jackson gets too much heat for that stuff.

At the end of the day, if it's a family or a team, you do what's best for the team.

To me at least, it seems like having some of the best fighters in the world (GSP, JJ), is good for EVERYONE. It might not be what Diego Sanchez wants, or what Rashad Evans wants, but it isn't Team Sanchez or Team Rashad.

I think it would be foolish for a trainer to turn down world class fighters because other fighters in the camp feel threatened by them.

And this doesn't even take into account Jackson himself. Imagine you've dedicated your whole life to martial arts and training fighters. If you had the chance to train a guy who seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime talent, don't you owe it to yourself to train him?

I agree that bringing in a world class athlete is overall better for the gym and certainly a rare opportunity for Jackson, but it's like bringing in a #1 runningback when your runningback just had a 1,000 yard season. He's expecting to play and make a statement, and now the team brings in a guy whose a much better player to challenge him.

Certainly there are differences between this analogy and MMA, but it's similar enough. Diego was climbing the WW ranks at one point, to bring GSP in is almost a stab in the back to him. I'm sure the lightweights and middleweights loved it, but it would certainly make me think: Wow, Diego is in a tough spot here. Could this happen to me? BTW Diego is awesome on Twitter everyone should def. follow him.

It benefits younger fighters, it hurts contenders, and for guys like Rashad it literally makes you leave.