Dana Really Is a Nice Guy

https://www.mmanews.com/features/3-times-dana-white-has-gone-out-of-his-way-to-help-people

The UFC President has had many acts of kindness over the years.

1 Like

UFC President Dana White has proven to be one of the most important figures in the history of MMA. When he and the Fertitta brothers acquired the UFC back in January 2001, it was a dying entity, with nearly all of its assets having been sold off by its prior owners.

Needless to say, White and co. turned it around, transforming the UFC into the top promotion of the MMA world, and allowing the sport to go mainstream in the process. Despite his reputation as a ruthless businessman, there have been many examples of White showing a more selfless, caring side over the years.

#3. Paying Joe Pyfer’s Rent

Image: UFC/Zuffa LLC

Joe Pyfer’s UFC debut saw him rock Alen Amedovski with punches in the first round for a TKO victory. Shortly after the fight, Pyfer gave the UFC President a shoutout, thanking him for covering a year’s worth of his rent at a time when he was struggling to make ends meet.

White later revealed that Pyfer had informed him he was on the cusp of homelessness. Not wanting to see a new fighter on his roster be dealt such a bad hand, White stepped in and paid Pyfer’s rent for the following 12 months, ensuring he could keep a roof over his head and remain committed to his training.

3 Likes

#2. Getting Ali Abdelaziz Better Medical Care When He Had COVID-19

Photo via Instagram @aliabdelaziz

Dominance MMA founder Ali Abdelaziz was left in critical condition due to COVID-19 a couple of years ago. Struggling with the virus, the care Abdelaziz was receiving was simply not getting the job done, with the MMA manager recently revealing he was essentially dying.

Fortunately, both Dana White and UFC Chief Business Officer Hunter Campbell stepped in. The pair both called Abdelaziz before arranging for him to be moved to a better facility where he received more focused care. Thanks to their intervention, Abdelaziz went on to make a full recovery.

#1. Paying For A Child’s Liver Transplant Surgery

Back in 2010, the daughter of a trainer at Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand was on death’s door, in dire need of a liver transplant. The required surgery cost a whopping $50,000, which her family was unable to pay.

Ben Pittsley, who trained at Tiger Muay Thai at the time, managed to alert Dana White to the situation. Fortunately for the family, White wasted no time in getting involved, sending over the $50,000 to ensure the child could go under the knife as soon as possible.

Several years later, White met the child during a visit to Phuket, before later inviting her and her family to come and see a UFC card in Las Vegas.

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/ali-abdelaziz-dana-whites-intervention-when-he-had-covid-was-almost-dying

“He’s Such An Honorable, Great Human Being” - Ali Abdelaziz On Dana White

During a recent appearance on Show me the Money, Ali Abdelaziz praised Dana White for the caring manner in which he treats his friends.

Abdelaziz recalled his time struggling with COVID-19, revealing he was in debilitating condition when both White and the UFC’s Chief Business Officer Hunter Campbell got in touch with him. The pair then had Abdelaziz taken to a different hospital where he was treated very well in a swankier medical setting than he was used to.

“When I look at Dana, I look at him as an individual,” Abdelaziz said. “He’s such an honorable, great human being, you know, like, if he know tomorrow your kid’s sick, I promise you, he’s going to call you, he going to try to get you a doctor, he’s going to send you medicine. You know, when I got COVID, like I was telling you earlier, I was almost- I was dying. I went to this different hospital, he called, Hunter called. Three weeks, they make sure I was taken care of. I got, like, a suite, like, they treat me- I was like the President of United States.”

He’s so nice that he probably bought someone a house with the money he gave them to publish this fluff piece.

6 Likes

You know when people talk about bullies or rapists or murderers in a kind light?

“They were so nice! There’s no way they’d do those things!”

Even the biggest pieces of shit in history had friends they were nice to.

It is definitely great that Dana does some kind things. Will never shit on that, but it doesn’t erase all of his shithead behaviour.

But in this world you don’t get into those positions if you’re a nice guy vs cut throat asshole. So you either wind up a rich powerful asshole or a rich powerful asshole that does some kind acts here and there.

So at least Dana is on the good side of that.

3 Likes

And forgive me if I’m way off base…I haven’t slept in 2 weeks :grinning:.

Dana has gifted me as well, feels like a past life at this point.

best tipper in vegas

3 Likes

BLAF definitely has a code of ethics and it’s clear he has a heart. I wouldn’t say he’s a good or bad person cause I don’t know enough, but a complex character.

2 Likes

Seems like a fair statement.

1 Like