Dana Reveals Targeted Location & Timeframe For Sterling vs O'Malley

https://www.mmanews.com/news/dana-white-location-timeframe-aljamain-sterling-sean-omalley

UFC President Dana White wants to return to a northeastern location for the expected Aljamain Sterling vs. Sean O’Malley fight.

Sterling outpointed the returning Henry Cejudo at UFC 288, earning a split decision win and retaining the bantamweight title. It was the third successful title defense for Sterling in what was an impressive performance from start to finish.

After getting his hand raised, Sterling shared a heated faceoff with O’Malley in the center of the Octagon. The altercation nearly turned from verbal to physical before security personnel intervened.
Sterling vs. O’Malley is the most likely next title fight at 135lbs, and White is planning on another epic venue for the scrap.

UFC Targeting Boston PPV For Aljamain Sterling vs. Sean O’Malley

During his UFC 288 post-fight press conference, White revealed that the initial target for Sterling vs. O’Malley is in Boston, MA for a UFC pay-per-view card in August.

After White’s comments, O’Malley seemed on board with the idea of challenging for Sterling’s title in Boston.
“I don’t want to go to Boston,” Sterling said in a recent interview with TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter. “Dana, I’ve been trying to fight in the T-Mobile for god knows how long…Boston’s cool, but I wanna go back to the west coast. He’s gonna be a favorite, there’s a big Irish crowd over there, but it is what it is.”
The UFC hasn’t held an event in Boston since a light heavyweight headliner between Chris Weidman and Dominick Reyes in Oct. 2019. The promotion has booked two pay-per-views in Boston, including the first matchup between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou at UFC 220.

O’Malley defeated Yan at UFC 280 to earn the top contender spot. He has won four of his last five fights, with the lone exception being a no-contest against Pedro Munhoz at UFC 276.
As of this writing, the UFC hasn’t announced any plans for a potential return to Boston in August. But, it’s safe to say that Sterling might turn down the offer if White follows through with that plan.

Trying to rush a champ that just defended back into a fight just because their chosen one has sat out since last October. Aljo should say he’s gotta heal up and let O’Malley sweat