Dana , Scrapping with Ngannous Agent Over Interim Title Announcement

How is Ariel in the wrong here, Dana clearly is as he normally is.

1 Like

Why is everyone mad that Dana wants to make more $ for calling it a interim belt. Nyganno is the champ and he will fight the new guys next.

This boxing and MMA promotions are just silliness

But he has refused the Lewis fight twice now aswell as a a
Stripe trilogy

I love watching Francis fight too

30 to 60 day medical ‘suspensions’ ie. allowing fighters to safely recover between fights, are pretty standard now. 90+. days and up to 120 after damaging fights aren’t uncommon.
That’s not even counting training injuries which is the most common cause of gaps between fights.

90 days to an IC belt? Why not just do it monthly then? Whoever is available for the big PPV event every 30 days is now a title match. Perfect!

1 Like

Unless the fight is oversees and a different commission.
See gsp v bis, 3 rounds and chocked out. Then less than 3 weeks later goes to China to fight Gas T

1 Like

We can bitch but nothing will change. Dana has been the same since he started. They bought the ufc for what 3 mill then they sold for 4 billion with Dana as the head of the organization. He must be doing something right! Still a dickhead though lol

2 Likes

I don’t really give a crap about any of it. But I would like to see all the cards on the table. Come on mr manager. Let’s se those emails.

This is hilarious.
Zuffa Boxing is nothing more than a t-shirt and its not gonna be anything else in the future so don’t hold your breath.

Send in Coker to run the UFC?

Have you seen Bellator’s ratings? Their social media numbers? You want more main events featuring fighters like Kongo or Cyborg vs random fighters on the decline? You know how long Bellator filled their prelims with local fighters who never go anywhere in the promotion? You want more of that? Bellator has averaged around one HW title fight a year while they have existed.

Coker running the Grand Prixs is about the only likeable thing Bellator has done in years. Otherwise they just run boring Fight Night level cards with far less of a talent pool than the UFC has.

1 Like

I’m okay with them bullying Ngannou out. You should be down to fight everyone if you’re the champ.

2 Likes

Marquel isn’t doing his fighter any favors here. He appears to be a teenage girl and/or a self-serving twat based on his petulant response to this situation. What a drama Queen.

Get your shit together, Marquel.

OK, but in boxing they don’t strip you for not fighting the mandatory contender 3 months later. The timeframe is much longer, and dude only wanted an extra month.

he fought stipe in march. doesn’t want to fight until september. this is 6 months.

dana just isn’t letting them set the timeline. now he will probably be 9 or 10 months between fights. Understand this, the ufc money comes from ESPN. They are sending a message that they are not going to let fighters try to set schedules without consequences.

This is all a game. A game that Dana White has played very well for a long time.

3 Likes

Killing the sport? Fool, Dana is the reason that the sport still exists!

1 Like

Exactly…say what you want about the guy, but he played a huge role in bringing the sport to the point it is today, along with their global expansion…and I’ve read tons of comments about how “he might have been great early on, but it’s time for him to go because he’s fucking it up now” and I’ve been hearing that since I joined the forum almost 20 years ago.

The one thing that never changes on here is arguments about fighter pay, and shitting on Dana and the UFC. It’s been the same for 20 years.

The smart move would be to create a reality tv show for Nunes and her wife/kid to be on the Gay cable channel(s). She SHOULD be a LGBT Icon. Strong woman beats the crap outta all kinda people, gets married has kid with her wife, extremely successful, she isnt white, list goes on and on.

Democrats should have major 1 inch boners for her. Shit, if I were her manager I would have her on interviews with every gay publication on earth and billboards in every blue city.

2 Likes

So Nunez is black now? Lol. You just can’t help yourself.

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America