Dana , Scrapping with Ngannous Agent Over Interim Title Announcement

This. The dude may have a point, but thats not the point. You represent your fighter, not yourself. Terrible way to respond. #1 keep good relations to promote your client #2 interim just means the winner is the champs next fight … interim means nothing its just a marketing tool #3 sounds like UFC told champ camp about interim plans and management spilled the beans before the UFC started marketing it … why do you need to do that. The leaking shit is about the only thing Dana gets pissed about. Why do it? What benefit is it to you retrades?

1 Like

Dose anyone not understand how the ufc operates buy now ?
Obviously they got a whif that Francis and Jones were colluding/ holding out to make that fight and threatened to bring in a replacement/ interim title if necessary. They do this all the time. That’s why you see someone fighting for the belt that wasn’t the expected challenger.
They give the shot to the lowest bidder for the maximum draw. Every single time. And they won’t be leveraged. Disecting text’s are asinine. This is clearly exactly what happened
I’m literally astonished people don’t see exactly what’s up. Ciril was a team mate and a few fights from a title shot .next minute he’s offered a belt and a chunk of money. They know fighters and managers better than they know themselves.

19 Likes

^ anyone who disagrees with that take is either a noob, an idiot or a contrairan.

4 Likes

You are totally right. I can’t believe anyone doesn’t think that this is the case.

8 Likes

Nah. Dana is a bully and an Asshole.

Fuck him.

3 Likes

Nobody draws prior to winning the belt. It’s way too early to say whether or not he’ll be a draw. There are like 3 fighters in UFC history who were a draw without a belt (Conor, Masvidal, Diaz) and one of them is only a draw because he beat Conor.

1 Like

I agree 100%, but it’s not usually so blatant, and not typically in the same week as a lawsuit was filed against them that talks about bullying behavior, and doing things to keep fighter pay low.

You’re probably a cool dude but what a stupid argument and complete wrong. Go down the list of UFC superstars. Ones Irish and the other is Dagestani. Hrmmmm weird right?

I personally think they did that to keep Jones out of title shot in hopes they can get him cheaper if they make it seems they don’t need Jones. Which they don’t cause business goes on, just like business did when Conor is inactive. It’s how the business model works.

1 Like

Well it seems Francis management admits they declined the fight saying he “wouldn’t be ready”

UFC probably pissed because they needed something to save the card. No one orders a PPV for nunes. Not taking anything away from her, but she’s isn’t a looker, she barely speaks English, her personality is non existent. She isn’t exactly promotable because of all that. They already tried the SJW route but let’s face it, soy boys don’t really watch UFC. This isn’t Hollywood.

3 Likes

Its not all directed at Jones but they’re killing two birds with one stone. They’re teaching Francis and Jon a lesson and making an example for others.

Again It still has to do with Jones

Oh , the old book the fight even if they don’t have the fighters signed yet to pressure them.
Not exactly what happened here I don’t think but close to it.
They could have booked any fight to headline this if they couldn’t get Francis to sign. The interim title is a definite fuck you for being leveraged.

I’m not even sticking up for Francis here either, running of to do his steroid cycle in the Congo, but this is about money for sure. Any other time they would be just fine about him running off to the Congo.

It is interesting that Ngannou is champ and Jones and Stipe are in the title picture and all three men have a history of grievances and disputes with the UFC.

I feel like the disputes between said fighters and the promotion get more press than their damn fights the past few years.

It is a shame Ngannou vs Jones just can’t get booked after Ngannou has been running through the division and Jones has had the LHW career that he had. It was a big fight, a fun fight for the sport.

Lewis Gaine is just another fight, nothing special.

1 Like

Lewis is a guy that beat the champ and earned a number one contender fight to get a rematch for the title. Regardless of how bad the first match went.

It’s how sports operate.

Jon Jones is a “nice to have” fight that was never going to happen because it’s not a $100MM fight and the the 2 parties involved seem to think it is.

Damn good job eh Martin?

That’s why your client cries about how little he is paid and can’t get any fights he wants.

Amazing job Martin.

2 Likes

tee

“Its how sports operate”.

True but you know prizefighting is not a pure sport by any stretch. In prizefighting, fights like Conor vs Alvarez and Hendo vs Bisping II get made when from a sporting perspective those are not the challengers that should be getting the shot.

UFC is not booking Lewis vs Gane to uphold the integrity of the sport and the championship, UFC is booking Lewis vs Gane for the int. title as a big fuck you to Ngannou and Jones who they can’t come to terms with. Ngannou Jones is the fight they wanted, they just can’t put it together at the price point they want.

3 Likes