Dana told Rogan Floyd wants to fight in UFC

UFC and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are discussing a deal that would bring the undefeated boxer into mixed martial arts, according to UFC president Dana White.

"We're talking to Floyd about doing a UFC deal," White told ESPN. "It's real. He was talking about [boxing] Conor McGregor. Was that real? Have you heard Floyd talk about many things that aren't real? He usually tips his hand when he's in the media, and then that s--- ends up happening.

&quot;We're interested in doing something with Floyd. Everything is a realistic possibility. Mayweather vs. McGregor f---ing happened. Anything is possible.&quot;</p>

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/21826203/ufc-floyd-mayweather-jr-discussing-mixed-martial-arts-deal

The only fight you make is Floyd/Conor.

Its pretty obvious this is just a grab for press and getting his name out there again.

He likes the attention and this is how he gets it

He'd get fucked up bad by basically anyone who isnt a complete bum unless he has secretly been training the main pillars of mma for years and keeping his mouth shut about it.

and he would probably fight at lightweight.................

Who in the top 10 of lightweight would he be even a little bit of a challenge for?

conor would fuck him up so fast it would be insulting

Tony ferg would beat him from pillar to post and choke him

Eddie would dump him on his he and beat him like a drum

Edson would switch kick him in the face and maybe kill him.

I mean come on I dont wanna see this shit just ride off into the sunset with your money and your brain.

Floyd vs cm punk can sell, the ‘gracie jiu jitsu’ fighter could pose problems for floyd if he can get it to the ground…

The only people thinking that a fight with Nate makes sense for Floyd are Diaz fan boys.

Seriously I really rate Nate as a martial artist but when has he ever headlined a ppv without McGregor?

Howbout Mighty Mouse?

Jesus. So, the dude with one of the most curated and manicured pro boxing records of all time is going to challenge himself where his combat style (philly shell) will 100% get him double legged within the first 10 sec of the fight? I hate to be so derivative but seems legit. 

GOAT St. Pierre - 

With those 4 ounce gloves...

… Floyd breaks both hands in the 1st.

youarewhatiswrong -

Howbout Mighty Mouse?

This makes the most sense. Floyd would be much closer to the same weight in the octagon, he would sell the fight to boost the division, and DJ would get tons of eyes on him.

Floyd does not have the nuts to step foot in the Octagon. But for humor sake, why would anyone but Conor get the fight?

Mayweather vs CM Punk make it happen !  I would pay for that shit ! 

I doubt it’ll happen but Sudden lack of income can help change people’s minds.

He’d still be undefeated in boxing and keep his 50-0 record. 

If it’s co-promoted with Mayweather Productions he could still easily clear $50m+ for a few minutes work, getting submitted in round 1 Toney style.

FingerorMoon - 
<p>
	<span class="User-180893" id="userPost61467838">I doubt it'll happen but&nbsp;Sudden lack of income can&nbsp;help change people's minds.</span></p>
<p>
	He'd&nbsp;still be undefeated in boxing and keep his 50-0 record.&nbsp;</p>
<p>
	<span class="User-180893" id="userPost61467838">If it's co-promoted with Mayweather Productions he could still easily clear $50m+&nbsp;for a few minutes work,&nbsp;getting submitted in round 1 Toney &gt;</span></p>

When the pros and cons get weighed any astute businessman is going to give the go ahead.

It's not even embarassing for Floyd if he was to lose in MMA. Boxing is a more dangerous sport.

Pretty paintin pugilistic Picassos.

BrowBeaten -
Calavaro - I won't buy it. But I'll watch him get beat by the girls.
Soooo... You would buy it? If it were him fighting cyborg?
Nope. But I'll watch it.

Stop pretending like Floyd can't fight forward or aggressively, he's the only person to ever stop McGregor on strikes

watahhh - 

Its pretty obvious this is just a grab for press and getting his name out there again.

He'd get fucked up bad by basically anyone who isnt a complete bum unless he has secretly been training the main pillars of mma for years and keeping his mouth shut about it.

Who in the top 10 of lightweight would he be even a little bit of a challenge for?

I mean come on I dont wanna see this shit just ride off into the sunset with your money and your brain.

Holy shit Barboza kicking his head off would be so epic

NicolasRGC -
watahhh - 

Holy shit Barboza kicking his head off would be so epic

Floyd fights in the 147-149 range doesn’t he?

Weight has always been important to him, so IF he fought MMA I’d assume he’d fight at featherweight (145), not against the much bigger dudes cutting down to LW.

(and not that he’d beat anyone at 145 anyway…)

This is never going to happen though. If it does, Put him against the UFC GOAT... Artem Lobov.

Milklizard - 

This is never going to happen though. If it does, Put him against the UFC GOAT... Artem Lobov.

Would you have thought Mayweather vs. McGregor would happen before it did?