Dana: UFC to give refunds for Fight Pass failure

Statement from @DanaWhite: pic.twitter.com/ErvWRnjnVe

— UFC (@ufc) August 29, 2017

Fucked up situation. I feel bad for everyone involved. I hope that this inspires the UFC to make Fight Pass great on all levels. 

I wonder if this will impact reported PPV buys and who is going to eat the cost here? Seems safe to assume the UFC but does that include the % Conor and Floyd are owed? Really curious how many people the outage actually impacted. 

should offer em a free year of fightpass if theyll take it instead

Trane - It was so embarrassing, I had about 10 guys over and we got shut out, couldn't even log in.

Luckily, I had a backup stream showing the Skynet British broadcast which saved the evening. Could have been disastrous which I’m sure others have experienced.

Wow. I was in that same boat but ended up ordering through my cable provider instead of fight pass last minute due to my Internet being kind of funky lately. So glad I did. I wouldn’t have handled that well at all. 

PoiuPoiu - i cant watch a ppv. DISASTER!!!!!!

first world problem.

Indeed which is where nearly everyone on this forum lives besides you. 

first world problem.

Umm...paying for shit you don't get is an all-world problem.

But maybe you live in a world where paying $100 for something you don't get is all good.

"I'm a First Worlder! $100? Doesn't work? Whatever!"

first world problem.

China is taking its toll on you.

PoiuPoiu -
Steven McTowelie - 

first world problem.

But maybe you live in a world where paying $100 for something you don't get is all good.

problem ? yes

disaster ? no

Diaster is hyperbole, I'll give you that...but existing in the first world gives NOBODY the right to fuck so many people over and not offer a refund.

Floyd and Conor should sue the UFC for money lost 

Steven McTowelie -
PoiuPoiu -
Steven McTowelie - 

first world problem.

problem ? yes

disaster ? no

Diaster is hyperbole, I'll give you that...but existing in the first world gives NOBODY the right to fuck so many people over and not offer a refund.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying people are overreacting.

I have to feel good about this, despite not wishing loss on any of you. Not until you’re all screwed over enough times by PPV, be it by terrible cards or by a complete failure to deliver the show at all, will the PPV model (long ago out dated) finally be scrapped. For the bigger picture better of us all, I wish it happened to every last person who tried to tune in.

And do I ever hope this thing about Dana saying refunds will be awarded is merely one more of his lies.

Best wishes to you all