Dana White is '100%' up for possible Nate Diaz vs Khamzat Chimaev fight

We still don’t know what Khamzat’s gas tank is like, because he finishes fights so quickly.
We don’t know what his chin is like, because he’s not had it tested (not that Diaz would be the one to land power shots, though).

With all that being said, I agree with everyone else. This would be a breeze for Khamzat, and it’s just a way to screw over Diaz.

2 Likes

I say Nate accepts the fight. As soon as it starts, tap the canvas and give Dana and Khamzat the bird while he walks away a free man

5 Likes

Maybe Diaz will just strike and not worry about takedowns. Instead of fighting the takedown and getting into an awkward side mount where he gets smashed he might just strike and pull full guard. Just play a defensive guard for 2 rounds and see what happens. Maybe Borz gets tired or frustrated, maybe not. Maybe Borz smashes but maybe Diaz goes the distance and gets a moral victory as he flicks off the crowd.

2 Likes

This is standard operating procedure on the UFC’s part. As much as us fans don’t like it, it’s also good business. Nate and Dana like each other but they’re both business first guys.

2 Likes

So Nate will win rounds 1 2 and 5

1 Like

I mean, I would laugh but then I’d be mad as fuck I bought the PPV lol

Both the Diaz brothers are bleeders if Nate takes this fight he absolutely has his last will and testament written and whomever will assume power of attorney over his estate because he is done

It looks bad optically but Nate is tough as nails and I’m not sure he will go away easily. I say Nate should strike and pull full guard and make Borz earn it

Dana’s a cunt, lol.

4 Likes

This place confuses me…Luque is ranked 4th at 170, and Dana is a piece of shit for not letting Nate fight Luque, and offering him a well hyped guy who hasn’t fought anyone inside the top 10 yet?

Nate is the best, he just can’t fight any actual contenders, wrestlers, young talent, and must fight handpicked opponents otherwise fuck the UFC!

1 Like

It’s a money fight .like Connor lesnar etc .Connor made the company 100million dollars of his last ppv.f***rankings …

That’s always my frustration with the way both Diaz brothers are talked about…there will be guys arguing left and right that they have a great shot at being champion (not that they could have been, they’re arguing that they actually still can be) then it’s a few quick points about how the UFC is fucking them.

I honestly don’t get it. I don’t see how guys can argue that Nate did sooo good against Edwards (number 3 in the world) and came within a whisker of beating him, deserves a guy like Luque…then complain that Chimaev is too tough of a fight. This place drives me crazy.

3 Likes

Some people react to mma like robots, always looking at the stats, the rankings, trying to figure out the odds. Other people love awesome back and forth violent fights.

I get a lot of you robots hate the Diaz bros, and you just want to beat off to rankings. Us humans would prefer better matches based on styles and the fight it creates.

1 Like

I think they’re just fan favorites we want to see the guys win it just doesn’t appear that they will ever ever win fights against the top number one two and three fighters in their divisions

I’m a HUGE Diaz fan boy. I am a Northern California guy so I saw them in the small shows. I believed at one point that they had shots at actually winning belts (I thought Nick had a legit chance at GSP and I thought after Nate smashed Johnson and Cowboy that he was legit top 3 talent) but since then I think the Diaz fans just want to see exciting matchups. I mean I haven’t thought they were legit contenders since back in the days I just described.

2 Likes

And let’s be honest Nate Diaz had a gigantic weed bong and had his name engraved on it Diaz is known to smoke a shitload a killer ass weed too and marijuana is not known to be a performance enhancing drug and knowing that they smoke as much pot as they do when they fight and lose it appears to be guys who have quit smoking powerful marijuana long enough to pass a drug test and fight and then they’ll go right back to smoking that powerful California marijuana I’m just saying

Anyone else think Dana or someone coached Chimaev to call out Nate after he won? Seems like an odd call out from him when him and Magney have been going back and forth and Magney said he is healthy for the fight now

great post…the both DID have a chance at being champion at an earlier point in their career, but don’t belong anywhere near a title fight now. If the cards fell just right for Nate, he could wind up in a title fight, but I don’t think any sane person believes he’s the best 155er in the world anymore…and when I say if the cards fell just right…if Nate fought Dariush, it wouldn’t shock me if won a 5 round decision. If he then got an immediate title shot, anything can happen…but there’s almost no chance he goes on a 3 fight winning streak beating top 10 guys to earn a title shot.

1 Like

Except you guys are full of shit, and base your opinion on absolutely nothing…dudes will be like “Nate is a black belt in BJJ and has handled plenty of wrestlers with ease, so I’m not worried about Colby winning the grappling…and Nate has better boxing and a better gas tank, so obviously Nate beats Colby” then 2 posts later freak out about Dana offering him Chimaev.

At least be consistent. I enjoy Nate’s fights, and don’t think he belongs in there with a top contender, so I have no problem with the Ferguson fight…I love it, actually…but if you want to fight a 155er, do it at 155. Enough of this calling out 155ers to fight at 170 bullshit.

1 Like