Dana white on NY MMA: Votes are in

Dana White
It passed 42 to 18!!!!! FINALLY!!! NY!!!!

is that the senate vote or the assembly vote?

Yeah, just to clarify. this does not mean it's done, and the truth is, it's assemblyman Bob Reilly that will stop it and has been the stumbling block. I don't think it has a prayer of passing as long as he's paid enough to block it.

edit to reply to above: it was not the assembly.

here's a quote from Reilly

"I think what MMA should be doing is, instead of providing insurance for injuries, is to do away with injuries."

When I explained to Reilly that the UFC fighters were already covered for injuries suffered in fights and the new insurance would cover injuries, suffered in or outside of the gym, while training or not for an upcoming fight, Reilly added:

"It's certainly not a bad thing that they provide this insurance, but it really does little or nothing to solve the problem of what will happen to fighters financially, of the physical damage done to fighters or the fact that this violent sport begets violence in our society. So it does nothing to address the systemic problems of MMA.

"I think it's a positive thing, but I don't think it's a positive step. In the sense that it doesn't address the systemic problems of MMA. But it's certainly not a negative thing."

That was in the Senate. The Assembly, iirc, has always been the issue. That comes next

P.S. did anyone see the chick behind Sen. Griffo right after they finished with the MMA stuff? Chick was banging.

MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA
by ufc
The New York state senate has passed a bill authorizing MMA in New York, 42-18. It will still have to pass the assembly.

Its getting closer and closer. Hopefully it gets done in time for UFC 150

Awesomeness.

E2isME - MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA
by ufc
The New York state senate has passed a bill authorizing MMA in New York, 42-18. It will still have to pass the assembly.

Its getting closer and closer. Hopefully it gets done in time for UFC 150

so in reality, it's in exactly the same place as it was before, with excatly the same opposition that will vote it down in the assembly

Can someone please kill Bob Reilly please? thanks

great news, lets see what happens from here

"I think what MMA should be doing is, instead of providing insurance for injuries, is to do away with injuries."

lol at reilly's logic.

we may just have to wait for Reilly to die before its legal,  he looks pretty old, it cant be too much longer right?

Is it really one ignorant old man, O'reilly that is blocking this process repeatedly?

the assembly issue is NOT bob reilly. he got voted down twice already when the MMA bill was in his committee. the issue is now assembly speaker sheldon silver, who controls when bills get voted on. because of him, the assembly's MMA bill has been getting stuck in limbo.

siouxNYC - the assembly issue is NOT bob reilly. he got voted down twice already when the MMA bill was in his committee. the issue is now assembly speaker sheldon silver, who controls when bills get voted on. because of him, the assembly's MMA bill has been getting stuck in limbo.

thank you

Rock the vote