Daniel's Done Deal

https://www.mmanews.com/news/daniel-cormier-hilariously-squashes-mma-comeback

Video: Daniel Cormier Hilariously Squashes A Potential MMA Comeback: ‘I’ve Never Felt Fatigued Like This…’

Cormier has doubled down on his retirement.

UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier’s brief consideration of a comeback lasted a matter of minutes.

Cormier is undoubtedly one of the greatest fighters in UFC history after championship reigns at light heavyweight and heavyweight. He retired in 2020 following a loss to Stipe Miocic in their heavyweight title trilogy.

Cormier has achieved a lot in his post-fighting ventures, including as one of the top MMA analysts at ESPN. He also hosts multiple talk shows and has attained a lot of success outside of the Octagon.

Amidst the UFC 295 heavyweight title fight shakeups, some have wondered if Cormier would ever consider fighting again. But, Cormier has slammed the gavel on any possible return to the Octagon.

Cormier coaches high school wrestling and is also a mentor to Islam Makhachev and other American Kickboxing Academy standouts. He was a teammate of Khabib Nurmagomedov during their respective Hall of Fame careers in the cage.

Cormier has become a fan favorite over the years, but any desire to see him fight at least one more time has been squashed.

What the fuck is an MMA mentor?

Does he help coach or Islam or just give him fucking handjobs in the hot tub?

1 Like

He showed khabib and the rest of them how to wrestle against the cage specifically and how use folkstyle rides with unlocked hands so they can use their free hand to punch. Cormier had had a lot to do with their success, “the dagastai handcuff” as it’s infuriatingly called isn’t Dagastani at all. It’s a modification of a folkstyle ride that khabib learned at AKA

Before khabib showed up to AKA he wrestled almost exclusively with locked hands. That’s why Abel Trulijo was able to effectively hit granby rolls on him. Or as that retard Joe rogan yelled, “there he goes, he’s hitting that roll again”

3 Likes

With how dead & top 5 heavy the LHW & HW divisions he can come back and easily be top 5.

He can actually be champ at LHW. Only one wrestler there and its Anklaev

2 Likes

I honestly think they should have paid Cormier a boat load to come back and beat N’Gannou before he left the UFC. Cormier’s compact statute would have made him hard to hit before he got to N’Gannou legs.

1 Like

DC retired so 6 months to get back in USADA, Francis was trying to hurry up and get fights for most part to get out of contract. Not sure how that would have worked. (Just not that familiar off top of my head with the timeline)

The UFC could have waived it. Cormier matched up exceptionally well with N’Gannou

1 Like

I’m not saying that he didn’t coach guys and teach them and help contribute to their success.

I agree with you on that.

I’m saying that using “mentor” in this article sounds ridiculous.

Is he coaching and helping Islam or is he having monthly coffee meetings to discuss life and career paths?

Its crazy to see how much Khabibs wrestling has improved since going to AKA

1 Like

It’s insane to me how only people like you and I see it. I like Javier and I’m happy for all of his success but I think Javier had less to do with his success than the guys he was wrestling with at AKA showing him how to apply folkstyle to mma

2 Likes