Danny Sabatello Gives Insight As To How Top Bellator Fighters Are Handling Flurry Of Sale Rumors (Exclusive)

https://www.mmanews.com/interviews/danny-sabatello-how-bellator-fighters-sale-rumors-exclusive

Bellator bantamweight contender Danny Sabatello and others in the organization are in a bizarre spot.

Sabatello will return to the Bellator cage against Raufeon Stots at Bellator 301 on November 17th. He’s returning to avenge his loss to Stots during the Bellator Bantamweight Grand Prix last year at Bellator 289.

Bellator 301 could potentially be the last event in organizational history amidst rumors of a PFL-Bellator merger. Bellator hasn’t booked any events, as of this writing, past the upcoming November 17th event.

The uncertainty of Bellator’s future puts a lot of pressure on its employees, but fighters like Sabatello are taking a ‘wait and see’ approach to all of the speculation.

“I f***ing love Bellator,” Sabatello said. "Everyone in Bellator loves Bellator because they put on such great shows…everything about it is ran smoothly and they really take care of you. Two big promotions into a mega promotion, with the PFL and Bellator who are very elite, that’s also great. Because you’re also competing with the likes of the UFC, RIZIN, ONE…it could be great or terrible.

“If I was to advise the other fighters [in Bellator], I’d say to just ignore the rumors. Control what you can control.”

If PFL completes a purchase of Bellator, that will leave Bellator’s roster in a weird spot. They could test free agency or remain in the PFL for a possible season format.

On the contrary, a merger would enhance PFL’s talent pool, which could make it a direct competitor with the UFC. The PFL is arguably the No. 2 promotion in MMA behind the UFC.

Sabatello, along with his Bellator champion teammate Johnny Eblen, are hopeful for a resolution to Bellator’s future. As he prepares for Bellator’s potentially last event, he’s looking to put on a show against a former rival.

RIP Bella as we knew u