Datsik weighing in 50 lbs heavier than Monson

2 Likes

The scandalous Russian mixed martial artist Vyacheslav Datsik and American veteran Jeff Monson held a weigh-in ceremony before their fight, which will take place on August 5 in Moscow as part of the REN TV Fight Club series tournament.

Datsik showed a weight of 127.1 kg, and his opponent - 104.1 kg, which is 23 kg less.

Recall that in the last fight Vyacheslav Datsik defeated the Brazilian AntĂłnio Silva by technical knockout. The confrontation ended already in the second round, when Datsik pinned the opponent at the ropes and delivered a series of crushing blows.

Monson in the last fight met with the Russian Alexander Emelianenko. The fighters fought on the night of February 23-24 Moscow time. The fight took place on bare fists, and Emelianenko won by a judges’ decision.

looks like it would be fun to watch

1 Like

I don’t like seeing Jeff KO’d

2 Likes

Monson walks like he has a bad back.

2 Likes

ha well if you have a hammer and sickle tattooed on your body, you’re kind of asking for an ass-whupping in this modern climate…

but i am fond of jeff and don’t want to see him get bashed. i remember saying he was old in the mid-00s.

anyway, didn’t he retire after his beating from Alex?

2 Likes

No, I don’t recall that. They have a couple of guys they keep in round robin for years. Monson will probably fight Bigfoot next.

2 Likes

Who would of thought twenty years ago even ten years ago that we would still be getting Monson, Datsik, Aleks and Bigfoot fight news updates in 2022.

When I first saw Monson compete it was on VHS for Christ’s sake.

13 Likes

I do.

4 Likes

Monson is 51 now and made his MMA debut in 97.

Apparently he has not taken an MMA fight since 2017 but he lost a bare knuckle fight to Aleks this year and a pro boxing fight to someone last year.

Is this gonna be bare knuckle?

I thought it was announced as MMA

But I don’t jnow how on Earth Monson could take Datsik down.

Didn’t know he fought bigfoot and where could i see the bare knuckle fight?

3 Likes

Arlovski still fighting too

Thanks for posting touch.
Monson did way better than I expected.
He showed heart and fought his way back into it

1 Like

Yes. But again, he was fighting half-dead Aleks. This time he will face sober, healthy and strong Datsik who is three times bigger.

Datsik has beautiful handwriting which is surprising considering how crazy he seems to be

2 Likes

As always you the best Touch!

2 Likes