Davis said Cyborg Harrison on the Ngannou card this summer

This summer is the goal for Cyborg vs Harrison on the Ngannou card.

Two PFLlator PPV’s a year.

Said they will do Bellator vs PFL champs once a year going forward.

Could have got Mix on the card but did not have a big opponent.

Pacheco was ready to fight but Cyborg turned it down.

Harrison only has one fight left on her deal, has not re-signed yet but they of course want her to.

Bellator card in March. Main and co-main of each Bellator card will be title fights.

Better cards for Bellator going forward, less but better cards is the goal.

1 Like

Nemkov on this PFllator card now at HW. Giving up his Bellator LHW title. Already has a win over Bader.

I think Nemkov wants the Ngannou fight. Doubt he gets it this summer but if he wins the Bellator title I think the Ngannou fight would be his ultimate goal.

They are making some interesting moves. We will see how it plays out

If I was an investor though I wouldn’t have taken that risk to put on a PPV without their biggest signed fighters at the forefront of it.

But after listening to his interview it sounds like it wasn’t because they didn’t try but because of other factors like scheduling conflicts etc.

The PFL vs Bellator PPV idea is a fun idea especially for hardcores but I really think they needed a little extra on it to bring more eyes.

Francis debut, Jake Paul debut, or Cyborg debut vs Kayla… I think those debuts would bring more attention outside the hardcores especially if you are going into the PPV market but like mentioned already the timing wasn’t right for it I guess and the PFL vs Bellator Event should be the best business they can do outside of those debuts.

The Nemkov, McKee, Pico, Yoel and Shields fights is the extra on top of the champs vs champs they are trying to go for.

They are also paying to have that on ESPN so I’m not sure what will be free and what fights beyond title are PPV or even what the PPV costs.

I do think they hope to offer good value to the MMA fan with their PPV’s and improved Bellator cards.

1 Like

They are good fights and it’s cool to see them putting it on but I am just saying if it was my money on the line… then I would not have made that leap to PPV for the Inaugural PFL/Bellator Event without their biggest signees in Francis, Jake, or Cyborg on that poster.

You are right about that. Trying to draw with Bader as headliner is not the best idea I’ve heard of in prizefighting history.

Davis also said this event is the most expensive event in Bellator and PFL history so he said it is more expensive to put on than any of the 400+ Bellator and PFL events in either promotions history.

1 Like

Damn, I just looked, PFL only has 1M followers on instagram and Bellator only has 3.5M, the same amount as Max Holloway, one of many UFC stars.

Not great metrics.

With NGannou focusing so much on boxing. If he can beat AJ or get himself another controversial decision I don’t see his MMA career lasting too much longer.

A lot depends on his PFL contract.

Ngannou will turn 38 this year.

We won’t be seeing him in the cage or the ring that many more times, IMO.

I’m expecting him to have two or three more fights in each sport and thats it.

1 Like

Plus the focusing on boxing will hinder his mma training imo. If he fights someone like Nemkov or anyone that can grapple some he’ll lose.

Nemkov is a real threat to him, IMO.

Clearly though as we have seen with Ngannou taking the Stipe rematch, fighting Gane after knee surgery to fight out his contract and then taking these boxing matches with Fury and Joshua…he is not excessively worried about losing.

2 Likes

Nor should he be. He’s set for life now.

2 Likes