Day Classes at O2!

Lemme buy you a few shots tonight to numb the pain

It sucks to be old and out of shape.

Welcome to my world...if you add fat and lazy

does Sam's class entail any kind of cardio?

i fucking hope not!

however the guy was a Marine so...

what time is suggested to leave the Kaimuki area to get to Aiea before noon?

takes me an hour on Fridays and i had to learn that the hard way.

1/2 hour is good enough, unless you live far from an onramp.

Fridays are murder, the worst driving day of the week. People leave work early on Fridays causing the traffic to build up earlier than usual.

After some input from the guys, we have pushed the classes back an hour so the times are 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.  This will allow the police officers and fireman as well as many others to get their training in and make it to a 2:00 pm shift or pick up their kids.  I corrected the post on the first page as well. 

How does affect you guys that have posted here?  Any issues?

Usually, the classes will run the same, some cardio in the beginning to warm the bodies up, then technique, and finished with sparring.  Sam will run the class the way he wants to, but this is how we always ran it so I am basing my guess  on that.  You can go at your own pace and take breaks whenever you need it so don't worry about getting killed in the warm ups.  The challenge will be there, but you can work up to it or no do it at all and just stretch out.  It's all about you. 

I've been waiting for day classes to open up. Great news for a guy that gets off at 8 am. Go home, do chores, jits for a couple hours and still have enough sunlight to surf before the wife gets home.

Thanks and see you May 2nd!

11am?

so lets see wake up around 9, scratch myself for about an hour, shower, and head out at 10:30.

hopefully this will make me stop drinking myself to sleep every night.

its all good for Monday so i wont be cutting so close going to work.

Nice!  I'm glad it works out for you guys.  I'm looking forward to the classes starting for everyone as well. 

dang, I got class at 10a

junon - 11am?

so lets see wake up around 9, scratch myself for about an hour, shower, and head out at 10:30.

Don't forget to allow at least 10 minutes to "self love"

that happens while on the toilet.

Mike, pushing the time back to 11 instead of starting @ 12 is perfect. I can actually start training in the day during my evening clinicals (which I was worried about). No worries, I'll be sure to show you some of the stuff that I going learn from Sam, haha!

Good deal.  We are kicking around ideas to work on the scaled down pricing like we do in our night classes.  We will keep you posted. 

Scaled down pricing? whoah.

will keiki classes ever be made available more often in the week?

The day classes start on Friday, May 2.  We also adjusted the pricing so it is more in line of our night classes in regards to the 3 days a week.  So it will be $40 for one day a week for a month or $10 per class, $80 for two days a week for a month, and only $100 for 3 days a week for a month!  Plus you get taught by one of Relson Gracie's first black belts, Sam Mahi.  I think I may sneak away a few times to take class from Sam.  We will also have a few purple belts coming by to assist as well so we will have a ton of talent there to teach and train with.  

We would like to offer kids classes during the week, but it is hard for us to get down there any earlier than 6:30 pm because of our day jobs.  We have to talk to our other assistant instructors to see if they want to teach it.  We were thinking of possibly having Kaleo Kwan teach kids kickboxing possibly before his Tue and Thurs adult kickboxing classes.  He is going to start a women and kids kickboxing class on Sundays from 5:00 to 6:00 pm starting in May at O2 so it will follow our two kids classes on Sunday. 

I keep forgetting to ask Sam about the structure of these classes.  I will ask him and post it. 

Is it gi every class, or will it alternate like the night classes?