DC is better everywhere.... Until he's not

I rewatched the second Stipe vs DC fight and what I found interesting was how DC found it quite easy to evade Stipes shots and connect with his own through out the first round almost as if it wasnt a challenge.

Then the second round can around and Stipe started to find his range and timing a bit more and I think maybe DC expected he would have put stipe away by this point cause he was landing a shitload of shots flush and nothing had even slightly hurt stipe at this point.

Then the third came around and it was starting to be come a way more even fight. DC was slowing down and unable to keep the volume and explosivness up and Stipe was just chugging along at stipes normal pace not having any issues.

By the time that fourth round came up DC was tired and Stipe was fighting exactly like he was in the first round. Sort of a Michael bowling esque mid high pace that he could just stick to without worrying and it started to overtake DCs gassing output.

This is when stipe noticed the bodyshots were there all night because unlike the first and second DC couldnt move out of the way of them anymore cause he was fucked tired.

With no evasion from DC stipe finally starts actually landing for the first time in the fight and once that happened it was all she wrote.

Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam down goes Daniel.

Stipe can't hit Daniel at all for the first 10 minutes. But if he can hang in there til the third he slows down enough that stipe can plant him.

And with power like Stipes when you get planted it's over pretty fuckin quick

DC has a glass stomach.

Anderson crescent kicked it at UFC 200 and it was the only memorable thing because Cormier was hurt.

Then when Stipe used those body shots in the second fight it was a done deal.

Keep at fattys tummy, thats they key to victory.

1 Like
MarcusAurelioFan -

DC has a glass stomach.

Anderson crescent kicked it at UFC 200 and it was the only memorable thing because Cormier was hurt.

I agree totally.  He’s a fat ass and nobody went to that much.  I don’t know why but they didn’t. 

When Stipe found that he has a glass torso, he dominated. Stipe will be going for the body shots right away this fight.  I pick Stipe within three 

People usually don’t go to DCs body cause he’s generally beating the shit out of them 

7 Likes
MasterofMartialArts - 

People usually don’t go to DCs body cause he’s generally beating the shit out of them 

Jack Slack came out with a breakdown on this the other day.

DC’s body is open because he’s CONSTANTLY handfighting so he can not get jabbed by taller guys and so he can slip his little jabs in off the handfighting.

That’s why his body is an inviting target.

1 Like

I'm actually a big fan of both guys but unfortunately lived in Cleveland for 7 years so my heart is going with Stipe. One thing that concerns me is a specific comment Stipe made. I wanna say it was during the post fight conference but I could be wrong. He said there was a point during the first round when DC took him down and realized he wasn't going to be able to get back up and he said something along the lines of questioning himself and why he was in there because he couldn't compete with DC's wrestling. Thats concerning in general but even more so after DC making the statement about Stipe bringing his wrestling shoes. 

As simple of a change in gameplan as it was, I don’t remember ever seeing a fight where a fighter made a change like that and it won him the fight. Watching the fight with my friends, we are all yelling at the tv for Stipe to “go to the body! Go to the body!”. Finally, you see this light switch turn on with Stipe, and he starts working that big ole belly of Daniel! As little as it was, it was brilliant, bc you got to see that moment Stipe found DC’s kryptonite, and he just crumbled.

Of course, with this third fight DC is gonna be ready for that. I think this is the most exciting the UFC Heavyweight division has been in a long time, and this is truly a high level fight. I’m usually not big on trilogies, but this one is different. I’m a Cleveland guy, born and raised, so I’m pushing for Stipe, but this is gonna be Stipe’s biggest challenge ever.

I was surprised how badly DC was beating Stipe. Stipe had a much easier time with Ngannou.

MarcusAurelioFan - 

DC has a glass stomach.

Actually I was impressed with how many fucking WICKED body kicks he took from Jones in the first fight.  He ate some baseball bat kicks to his midsection and walked through them.

Samoa - 
MarcusAurelioFan - 

DC has a glass stomach.

Actually I was impressed with how many fucking WICKED body kicks he took from Jones in the first fight.  He ate some baseball bat kicks to his midsection and walked through them.

Me, too.

DC will win this one fairly easy.

He is a smart man and he knows that he will dominate if he wrestles Stipe.

Which he will.

I worry about both fighter's layoffs. Both are older fighters (DC 41 and Stipe 37). I remember reading about Stipe complaining that he couldn't train properly.

Hopefully they aren't completely rusty. I want an epic fight for DC's last bout.