DC: JJ Playing It ‘Smart’ by Fighting Stipe over Aspinall

100% agree its insane and that is the whole point of the interim title.

Best part is Jon now saying that Aspinall should DEFEND the interim belt aka do Jon’s job for him while Jon fights someone outside the top ten so he can claim GOAT status after the fight lol.

Jon is a textbook narcissist. We literally have two belts at heavyweight now if Aspinall defends.

3 Likes

I hope Stipe is on stem cells, TRT, EPO, HGH and also eats clen, trens hard anaver gives up

1 Like

I hope that with USADA gone, we can get the whole heavyweight division gassed up. Sick of seeing out of shape fatties huffing after the first round

3 Likes

Joana shouldn’t be fighting stipe

2 Likes

Silva vs Le would have been pretty cool

3 Likes

not sure about that, he owns a pizza shop. lol.

DC should never have anything to say about Jones, good or bad. Having any opinion on him other than indifference shows inferiority.

For Silva, sure. Then he could make people call him Neo again which was all he really wanted after Forrest.

Cung was like 2 fights removed from getting his shit pushed in by a stiff, rickety ass version of Wanderlei.

“When the management of UFC middleweight champion Anderson Siva came out and said “The Spider” had interest in a match up with Cung Le, but not with Chris Weidman, many were left wondering why “The Spider” would want to face an opponent who is not even in the top 10”

More of the Dana quote…

• “This is typical [Anderson Silva-Ed Soares craziness. Every (expletive) time there’s a fight. He wants to fight (Demetrious) ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson, then he wants to (expletive) fight this guy and that guy. This is always the same deal, it always happens. ‘I absolutely will not fight [Chael Sonnen], he doesn’t deserve the title and I’m not doing this and I’m not doing that.’ This is what we do. We’re waiting on something, we’ll see if this pans out. When we’re ready to announce it, we’ll announce it. He will defend his title; it won’t be a super fight.”*

Like Dana said, this was a recurring thing (“it always happens”). Getting Anderson to defend the MW title was like pulling teeth. It made following the division quite annoying if you weren’t a blind loyalist. He always used that “they don’t deserve it” line. He either wanted somebody he could “Matrix” or a Superfight with GSP/Nick Diaz/BJ Penn…NOT Shogun or Jon Jones lol.

He also threw a fit over having to fight any other Brazilians, as if they were all traitors to their country for wanting the belt and it was off limits to all of Brazil while he had it.

And I completely forgot how he used to say his best match up would be a clone of himself and shit…and I was banned for calling this man arrogant while he told us that nobody deserved to fight him except him lol.

1 Like

UFC wanted a 205 Shogun vs Silva fight and Anderson would have none of it, right?

1 Like

Anderson earned the right to do whatever he wanted

I always thought Anderson was trolling, but I like him and give him a pass. Dana is also a liar, so who knows?

1 Like

That is correct. Whenever Dana wanted to give Anderson a “super fight” that was actually interesting, he started going on about “185 is my division…I want GSP”.

Not even joking…hold up…

“. I fight at 185 pounds”

" After Saturday, my focus will be [Georges St Pierre"

-Anderson Silva when Dana wanted him to fight JBJ but he said the same with Shogun. It was always “I’m not a 205er, I’m a middleweight. I want GSP”.

At least he made no excuses about why, although his fans did anyways…

“I think [GSP] would be a great challenge for me. I prefer him over [Jon Jones]. He’s smaller. It’ll be a little bit easier. I’ll be hit less”

It cracks me up that this is one of the guys people bring up when criticizing Jones being risk adverse or protecting his record. Anderson was very similar.

Dana was much less patient and accommodating about it than he is with Jones though. Maybe Andy got him used to it.

1 Like

This was over half of the forum at the time. Anderson fans were the most voracious ball gobblers to ever grace this forum.

Feel the same about Jones? Nobody earns the “right” to just keep the title forever while avoiding contenders and defenses and only chasing easier matchups that will make them look good.

Maybe he earned the right to vacate that title and go after his chosen matchups. That’s all.

1 Like

I know that Anderson said it all his damn self lol. Call it trolling but he verified everything Dana said in his own interviews.

I don’t know if I agree with this part. How long did Anderson go between fights, and how often did Anderson insist on fighting a past champion who hadn’t fought in four years? Seems like Dana is being pretty patient with Jones.

1 Like

I hate Jones probably more than any fighter ever, but he destroys Anderson. Silva was just too small to go up against someone as good as Jones. He was able to handle lower level big guys, but Jones was too good.

I also say DC would have destroyed Silva, but I think they had some kind of agreement to take it easy on each other since Silva stepped up and saved that card.

2 Likes

I think you misinterpreted because I agree with that lol. Dana used to get furious with Anderson but with Jones he just seems to go with it and not mind much for whatever reason.

All things being equal, Dana would have been shitting all over Jones for a long time now. I think part of it might be knowing Jones is even more sensitive and likely to just take his ball and go home if Dana did that.

1 Like

I don’t understand how people think the JBJ vs Anderson fight would have been close at all.

Anderson vs GSP is a pick-em…

JBJ does whatever the fuck he wants to Anderson.

3 Likes

I agree but talk like that wouldn’t have gone over well around here at the time lol.