DC Quits NCAA Wrestling Commentary Gig over Twitter Criticism

2 Likes

1 Like

Daniel Cormier will no longer commentate the NCAA wrestling tournament after he received a less than stellar response to his 2024 mic duties.
Cormier has an extensive amateur wrestling resume, competing against some of the best during his time in NCAA Division I with Oklahoma State University. He was also on the United States Olympic freestyle wrestling team (twice). He’s the third man in the commentary booth for most UFC pay-per-view (PPV) events, and a star from his days as “double champion” with the promotion. So, you’d think he’d be the perfect fit to call matches for the NCAA and maybe draw some new eyes in.

Regular NCAA viewers apparently do not agree with that assessment.
“Guys, I’m out,” Cormier wrote on X (formerly Twitter) on Saturday night. “This will be my last time doing the NCAA tournament. Continue to do things the same way and stay[sic] wrestling that hasn’t changed since the 40’s. I told the general public to watch, a guy told me he’d rather tear his eyes out than watch. So, enjoy. I’ll finish tonight and I’m out!”

This was in response to another X post where someone wrote, “DC is painful. He has no professionalism on the mic to the point of it being ridiculous.”
“You guys have it,” Cormier replied in a separate tweet. “I am out sorry to ruin your experience! You know I don’t ask to do this. Very important people ask me to do it. Anyhow carry on my friend I am out. Back to the minor leagues for me.”
This isn’t the first time Cormier has let criticism of his commentary get under his skin.

Indeed, “DC” has spoken multiple times on how rough the negative feedback is to him. His desk mate, Joe Rogan, has tried to teach him not to read comments nor listen to the peanut gallery. Yet, Cormier is clearly still rolling around in the muck of social media, where he sees every mean tweet about him mixing a wrestler’s sophomores and freshmen records up.

“MMA fans say a lot worse things about that commentary but you still do that,” one person on X noted.

“I get paid a lot there lol,” Cormier replied.

“Hey pussy, you still there?”

“I’m out!”

13 Likes

Now hopefully he’ll do the same with his ridiculous UFC commentary

13 Likes

Wish he would quit ufc. He fucking sucks and hasn’t improved at all in 4 years

9 Likes

I like Dc’s commentary in the ufc

10 Likes

I love DC, great podcast host. His commentary isn’t the best, but he isn’t as bad as Dom Cruz imo

2 Likes

I wish Twitter could bully Anik to quit ufc

8 Likes

Wasn’t that Jeff Blatnick’s gig forever? He was a fuckin great commenter. I can see why they wouldn’t like DC in comparison.

DC shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone anyway.

5 Likes

It’s funny cause I like DC’s podcast. But at times he sounds clueless when commentating

I will never understand why he was so confused when Gane tapped out to JBJ. It was so clear as day a Guillotine choke. I don’t get why he was so confused. Lol I’ve never trained a day in my life and even I knew the choke was locked in

3 Likes

He knew, he just refused to call anything positive for Jon… Because he’s terrible and bias at his job.

4 Likes

I actually liked Cormier when he first started commentating. But at this point, he almost makes the UFC unwatchable for me.

I feel like with some psilocybin, and a better group of friends, he could get his ego and biases in check. After doing this he could be the best UFC commentator a year from now.

Cormier does have great charisma that people either have naturally or don’t.

Juno MMA

Dc retired one fight to late he started sounding punchy after that last fight

If anybody like him shouting THUG ROSE, THUG ROSE, like a fucking retard, then they are also double figure IQ people

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s an easy trick to hypnotize dummies and build a fighter’s name recognition.

1 Like

True