DC says Nunes should have went out on her shield and been put to sleep

Agree? Disagree, or more crazy talk from Cormier?

It wasnt really sunk in that deep was it?

4 Likes

Cormier really has no business being a media personality.

10 Likes

Can’t go to sleep if the choke ain’t deep.

7 Likes

And Cormier should have woken up instead of gone to sleep as Jones battered him against the cage, but shit happens in a fist fight eh Daniel

3 Likes

Cormier is a dumb jock

1 Like

DC = Don’t Care about his opinions.

1 Like

Cruz rolling his eyes at another DC commemt

1 Like

Of course he is. DC is just click bait with no research

1 Like

Going to sleep is retarded, there’s 0 guarantee any of the refs are competent enough to stop the fight at an appropriate time.

3 Likes

Having seen the fight many times as it’s so satisfying. I can’t really see much pressure from the choke. Like Nunes just was done and gave up. She could’ve tickled her back and Nunes was ready to tap. She had zero interest in continuing.

4 Likes

Didn’t Cormier cry after losing to Jones?

Maybe Cormier shouldn’t have cried.

3 Likes

What happened to Nunes is not the first or last time we have seen it. Getting in a cage to want to half kill some one is no easy feat just once let alone multiple times a year over the span of some years. I would second guess anyone that does it. Sparring in boxing and mma as a young man……sometimes you kicked ass sometimes you got your ass kicked. I haven’t seen the fight yet but by all indications she was not herself. Maybe she doesn’t want to do it any more or maybe she was just off. As a retired professional fighter DC should know better.

2 Likes

She was for the first round, kinda punked Juliana imo. Gassed and quit, heard she was still positive for C19 not long ago and I know firsthand that shit can linger for a few months. Not making excuses for her but she sure as hell wasn’t ready for 5 rounds. Rematch them at 145 in a few months, all the marbles.

2 Likes

i say nunes shoulda tried the standard escape to a bad choke attempt

3 Likes

DC is silly sometimes. You train, you show up, you fight. Nunes did all three in some capacity. The better fighter that night won. She took her ass beating, gave her props to her conqueror and that’s it. She didn’t need to get slept.

Watched it last night. She’s was off right from the start. Seemed to me that she didn’t want to be in there. Why, maybe injury, recovering from illness, maybe COVID fucked up her cardio or just doesn’t want to fight any more, are my best guesses.

She should have called Joe.

1 Like

DC is a drunk

Does not tapping benefit you? If you are caught and done, what’s the point? If you are in a choke and thinking you can escape, you might go out trying. Very different

2 Likes

I get his point. Not that I agree, just that he seems she quit, was looking for a way out. All smiles too after a defeat. Act like you want to win…

I’ve never cried “fix” on here and I’ve been on the UG a loooooong time. But it seems as if she was threatened or bribed to lose. Noooo, not sure at all. But it was damn weird Her standup game was… WTF. It looked so basic, just plowing ahead straight, chin up, beginner stuff.

1 Like