De La Hoya/Mayweather Predictions

i don t see any way PBF can win by ko or tko

i think if dlh wins by ko/tko it it has to be rds. 1-6

Hopins was a small middleweight, that's why he's at 175 now?

Hopkins is only about 20 or 25lbs bigger than Mayweather dude, that's a great analogy

i see you dodged the pernell analogy and he was an aging small welter when DLH fought him.

the fact of the matter is Oscar has fought two guys with world class defense and he was confused and ineffective both times. you cant just assume Oscar will land something "big" when he didnt against either of those guys, one of which was bigger and one of which that was smaller then him.

sure he has a punchers chance to land something, but its far from inevitable as you claim.

Hopins was a small middleweight, that's why he's at 175 now?

Hopkins weighed less then Tito when they fought and Tito was moving up in weight!

I guess you didnt catch the "countdown" to Hopkins/Tarver where the entire show was basically about Bernard spending months to effectively gain weight to fight at Light Heavy.

Bernard was one of the few fighter that actual fought at his natural weight.

I personally think Pernell was better than Mayweather is, that's why I didn't address it.

If Mayweather wants to play defense all night, i think DLH will win rounds on aggressiveness even if he doesn't win them on damage. It will be very hard for Mayweather to be defensive when he needs to be, then offensive enough to win the rounds, without winding up trading with DLH, and I have a hard time believing that he will be able to do all that for 12 rounds

we'll know pretty soon though

I'd be glad to put some money on DLH, even DLH by KO if any of you guys want to give me odds on it

Pernell was both a better defensive fighter and had a better chin than Floyd, in my opinion.

And Oscar /still/ beat him, albeit in a very close fight.

"I like Oscar ........by GB Promotions Decision"

What does that mean? Can you point to any history of shady GB Promotions decisions?

I thought Oscar beat Whitaker legit, close fight.

Date: 05/01/07 01:03 PM
20778 Total Posts Ignore User

floyd has a better chin. whitaker was down many times in his career.

Floyd would have been down many more times than Whitaker was if he fought the guys Whitaker fought.

I hate PBF and hope he loses but I do not see it happening

ODH has one chance. Land the left hook and hope PBF cannot take it. He will not outbox, condition or smart PBF.

Those saying PBF has never been in a "fight" are nieve. The kid has been boxing since he was old enough to stand. He has been in plenty of fights and will not freeze on the big stage.

"pernell stayed at 135 for 95% of his career. mayweather has moved up and up (just like oscar) which is way more dificult than defending against every bum in the division. "

Mayweather didn't even fight everyone there was to fight at 147, much less get around to the bums. there is something to be said for unifying the title

"Mayweather didn't even fight everyone there was to fight at 147, much less get around to the bums. there is something to be said for unifying the title"

Mayweather has been moving up as fast as he can get to get a shot at ODH. Can't fault Mayweather for trying the make the biggest fight and biggest payday that he could in ODH.

I personally think Pernell was better than Mayweather is, that's why I didn't address it.

In his prime he certainly was better, but DLH caught him at the end of his career and it didnt matter.

Its up for debate if Floyd has even hit his peak yet, and he is naturally bigger then Sweet Pea

If Mayweather wants to play defense all night, i think DLH will win rounds on aggressiveness even if he doesn't win them on damage. It will be very hard for Mayweather to be defensive when he needs to be, then offensive enough to win the rounds, without winding up trading with DLH, and I have a hard time believing that he will be able to do all that for 12 rounds

Floyd plays defense in all of his fights. Thats why he is so right hand/clinch dependent. He uses his speed to get of his straight right or left hook over the jab and then get out of range or clinches. His defense dictates his offense largely.

How many times has Floyd been hit flush with a hard shot to the head? Not many times and certainly few of note. On the flipside how many fights has he not been able to get off his punches in the process?

"How many times has Floyd been hit flush with a hard shot to the head?"

if Chop Chop can do it, i don't know why DLH can't

I think Floyd beating Pernell would have a lot to do with the weight the fight happened.

"chop chop is a lot faster than oscar"

there is no reasoning with you if you really believe that

"floyd is 37-0. that's not an accident"

i agree. its a combination of talent and shrewd matchmaking. he's already moved up past 2 or 3 guys that might have beaten him

"i agree. its a combination of talent and shrewd matchmaking. he's already moved up past 2 or 3 guys that might have beaten him"

And who would that be? I honestly don't think there is a guy out their that Mayweather would be afraid to fight. He's done a bee line for ODH to cash in. Do you really think it would have been smarter for him to stop along the way, take on guys that will probably still be there after this fight, and miss a shot at ODH and the mountain of money that comes with it?

chop chop did not have shit on floyd, imo

he barely caught floyd in one of the early rounds ( i think the 3rd) that floyd pretty much instantly shook off.

i was there in the 3rd row and watched the fight again on video.

zab hurt floyd worse

saying he is either scared of any fight or is where he is now by way of creative matchmaking is ridiculous.

I think Freddie Roach being with Oscar, and Mosley helping with the sparring will have a great impact on the match. I'm seeing Mayweather by round 6, or Oscar by round 10 or 11 if Mayweather doesn't win earlier!

Date: 05/02/07 11:49 AM
20798 Total Posts Ignore User

you think oscar at 154 (coming down from 160) is faster than demarcus corley at 147? if you do - i can't discuss further

Just to be clear - are you saying that Demarcus Corley has always been faster than Oscar (even when Oscar fought at 147 and lower) or that Demarcus Corley at 147 is faster than Oscar at 154?