Dean Lister DVD

Charles,

My post was directed to Kbit since he made some comment about you and him having some "discussion". It wasn't anything personal against you.

Cockneyblue,

You said: "M.g. is on a personal crusade to get people to stop overthinking BJJ (in a lot of cases I think he has a point!)."

LOL!

I guess you're right. I do have a thing against "overthinking Bjj". I just urks me how far and to the extreme some people take things. I am not saying we shouldn't think about Bjj in regards to technique, tactics, strategy etc, that's good within reason...but some of the things people say...come on! You'd think they have stumble unto an unsovleable problem which requires hours of attention and huge amounts of collective brain power to solve. And when someone comes up with a "solution" you'd think they discover the cure for cancer or something.

m.g, I totally agree with you. It's the one thing that really stands out any time I train with someone exceptional. If I have a problem with a movement or technique, their answer never takes more than a sentence.

m.g.,

I see where you're coming from, and no I don't have a 'cure for cancer' or made any amazing discoveries.

I was just merely pointing out some observations I'd made. I do take your point though - and I was never against it. As I had mentioned in my first post in response to you, I do see where you're coming from and find your posts insightful.

So, in that respect I must have worded my posts poorly to upset you, and might have misread your meaning in the last few posts you made.

Quite sincerely though, the last thing I want to do is offend you. So, apologies from my end if I've been rude or provoking, or for whatever reason I've made you upset. And, whatever it is, feel free to let me know.

-Charles

M.G. will never relax until we have the average sentances per post under 3 on this board! ;-)

kbits,

You said: "Gawd damn m.g. you can be a prick, you know that?"

LOL! Well jeepers, I didn't know you were that sensitive.

Dude, I am just stating an opinion. I wasn't initially trying to offend anyone. I was just stating how I "felt" about the topic. I mean we are all free to agree or...disagree...aren't we? I was just expressing myself.

Quote kbits: "Still no sight of the mythical 'non underhook, non spin' triangle. From a quick perusal of available footage on youtube, I would say most 'competition triangles' have the above mechanic."

Well, I guess your evaulation was the same as mine. I've seen much more footage (i.e. Mundial/Pan Am), which indicates the same.

Occasionally you do see a slight foot-on-the-hip adjustment, but not as much as the style you describe.

As I indicated, the way it's taught is different to the way people catch others with it.

kbits, here's another great example of how the triangle is applied in a match between Xande Ribeiro and Roger Gracie. Watch, a few minutes in. Lock up, then attempted adjustment (not the other way around per class room drills).

See Xande apply it, between two and three minute mark.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5430874474377117416